Whistler In March

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Anyone been?

Rent a car or just get shuttle?

Going to do a few nights in Vancouver also, any stand out places to eat?

Drumsurf

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 4, 2012
Beach
Been lots. Planning ski trips are just like surf trips. Either go last minute and score perfect conditions or book in advance and hope Mother Nature cooperates. There will be snow for sure in March, just may not get fresh.

Are you gonna stay in the village? If so you definitely don't need a car. Take the shuttle both ways.

Been 10 years since I spent time in Vancouver. Great town though. Red light district too!

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Thanks Drumsurf, yea planning on staying in the village. So doesn't sound like a car is necessary. May actually move it up to February as I found a couple more Maui peoples are going then. I'd prefer to ride with friends than solo (my gf doesnt ski). Which may be better snow anyways. Also found RT from Maui at $380 which is cheaper than March prices. :socrazy:

jts80

Legend (inyourownmind)
May 17, 2007
NJ
I went in February and took the shuttle to/from Vancouver. Drumsurf is right if you're staying in the village then you don't need a car. Would love to get back there for some shredding.

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
We've been going up there for quite a few years. Definitely don't need a car. The way we like to do it now is get a flight to arrive in Vancouver in the morning, then after going through customs check boards and luggage into a storage deal they have at the airport. Then take a day pack and grab a taxi or take the train to downtown Vancouver and trip around there...big city, lots to see there. Then head back to airport and get the shuttle out to Whistler, about 75 miles away. If you get going early enough and with the longer days of spring, you'll be able to check the awesome scenery along the Sea to Sky Highway along Howe Sound. Have your driver stop in Squamish for liquor/food, cheaper there. If you're not fully set on staying in the village, the option we like is Painted Cliff Condos. Not super expensive and with easy slopeside access. The Peak to Peak Ganjalah is awesome too...11 minutes from one mountain to the other. With a mile of vertical it can be dry powder at the top and slush at the bottom, especially that time of year. Awesome place, have fun!