When's the last time you surfed and how was it?

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
We were in Carlsbad the past fourt days and it was janky garbage every morning. It didn't really matter though because we were there for the Artwalk on Sunday and my birthday on Monday. We made up for the lack of surf with some fine dining experiences. Oysters at the Brigantine, the best seafood pasta of my life at Cicciotti's Trattoria, Lofty's and the Shorehouse for breaky. Mrs Pato killed it in sales with her artwork on Sunday and she totally spoiled me with food all weekend. :applause2::cheers::bowdown:
Brig is good!

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
I just got back from vacation, so my last surf was 6/24 At Queens/Canoes in Waikiki. Super fun south swell hitting. Sessions before that were at the reef at Hanalei where there was a fun lil NW swell running. Got lucky with a couple swells in HI, plus I forgot how much I like surfing in warm water. Now I don't want to surf anything at home.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
At least I'm trying to get back into shape... Running, and after years, decided to also lift some weights to help with some strength...

Having to drive almost 2 hours to the closest surf, I won't even bother until I feel I'm fit enough to not just float there and not catch anything.

Last edited:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
this morning, small and dumpy, broke my leash on the first wave, surfed a while longer but got tired of having to fetch my board out of the gully. still, no such thing as a bad session. :waving:

Reactions: Joshua2415

i_ride_spinnaz

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 19, 2020
I surfed this morning, before that, yesterday, before that Monday. I try to get out every day, schedule permitting. Helps having a bunch of different boards that makes all types of conditions fun. Been logging a lot on the smallest days. It's been tiny some days but I still have fun fuckin around on a log when it's miniscule, especially when I'm the only one out. The last semi-decent day I can remember was like 3 weeks ago. My shortboards have just been collecting dust lately

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
"swell day"
it sucked again
got 2 good waves but 1 i was stuck behind the perfect tube section

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i was just thinking if your spot has a parking lot with a closing mechanism) , and u live close... what if late night before "hyped swell morning" u put a lock on that parking lot
u just might get yourself some extra waves real early

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Yesterday for the Firefighter Olympics surf competition in Santa Cruz. 15 minute heats made for a all out sprint for waves. Swell was slowly getting better all day, but some heats only had one decent set, sometimes none. I managed to make it out of the first heat for both the shortboard and longboard divisions, but eliminated in second heats. Some rippers out there!

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Last winter at a local beach break, I don't remember it being remarkable surf at all. But I got wet!

Been an awful spring for surf in these parts.

DVR

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 8, 2011
I am going to Zihuatanejo. Next week. There I will surf. In my trunks

Reactions: RemyXO