When you're supposed to be on a Firewire but the paint washes off your board...

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Seriously though, this kind of sh!t borders on fraud. I mean we all know that JJF isn’t riding a stock ghost but a stock 6’2 ghost pro is pretty fucking close to what he’s riding and will be made of the same materials used to make JJF‘s boards.

I say this because JJF represents the potential that can be achieved from the design of the board, made by Pyzel, with specific materials, all for sale to the general public as represented.

Kelly is out there pushing these chink made firewires, making all sorts of claims about the materials they are made of and why it’s the best sh!t ever, goes out and rides boards that are made of a completely different material painted to look like what he’s pushing.

And why? Because he himself knows he’s selling an inferior product all the while lying to the public by making them believe he’s riding firewires.

Nov 16, 2023
I never believed Taj was ever riding a FireWire even though he still claims it. I have heard that one of the HB local shapers (not Stamps) would shape all the fake FireWire’s for tour guys and girls.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Seriously though, this kind of sh!t borders on fraud. I mean we all know that JJF isn’t riding a stock ghost but a stock 6’2 ghost pro is pretty fucking close to what he’s riding and will be made of the same materials used to make JJF‘s boards.

I say this because JJF represents the potential that can be achieved from the design of the board, made by Pyzel, with specific materials, all for sale to the general public as represented.

Kelly is out there pushing these chink made firewires, making all sorts of claims about the materials they are made of and why it’s the best sh!t ever, goes out and rides boards that are made of a completely different material painted to look like what he’s pushing.

And why? Because he himself knows he’s selling an inferior product all the while lying to the public by making them believe he’s riding firewires.
Back in the day surfers who tried to make a living out of surfing were often accused of selling out. Obviously, things are different now but when you see this type of sh!t going on especially by a legend its disappointing at the very least. At this point in his career/life how much more money does he need to make or is it all his gigantic ego? I'm bought two boards last year both off the rack - one is a Pyzel Ghost the other a MR/Mayhem Cali Twin - both with average joe dims - both work as advertised and the construction quality of both is excellent. Sure as h3ll glad i didn't spend my money on FW or Slater Designs crap.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Just bought a used Lost Puddle fish in carbon wrap eps which was made in the DMS surfboards factory on the Gold coast. 4 years old and spoke to the owner who had just brought it into the surf shop to sell. He said he's surfed it a lot. Lent it out to friends and taken it on a few OS surf trips. Almost looked new apart from the yellowing and minor dents on the bottom. The shop guy said the quality of the current carbon wrap boards is nowhere near as good now they are being made in Vietnam. Anyone feel like checking to see if they can find a country of origin sticker on those Losts?
Duffy, did you give that North shore local slaps for facilitating the deception?
IMG_2427.jpgIMG_2428.jpg

Reactions: Havoc and Aruka
Feb 18, 2024
I never believed Taj was ever riding a FireWire even though he still claims it. I have heard that one of the HB local shapers (not Stamps) would shape all the fake FireWire’s for tour guys and girls.
that shaper is a vary good Friend of mine I know he did boards for a couple guys that rode for fw he would even put black paint pen on the stringer’s

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
You took my screen grab, started a new thread and didn't even like the original post.
Yeah you're dang right I did.

And i didn't like the post because the post needed its own thread, and you neglected to do it justice.

A buddy of mine had a good sized contract with fw and pretty much never rode them he would pay for boards from a few local shapers with no lams and slap fw stickers on them
Unpossible. FW has ethics.