Whats your favorite good wave fish?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Ever had a FIshbeard? Comparison for various local waves?
No. Fishbeard just doesn’t speak to me.

Also, a few people i know who are very very good surfers looked terrible on them and ended up getting rid of them.

I’ve seen other people ripping on them though.

There’s a guy who surfs one of the points backside on one and it works for him.

I thought about getting a custom with rearward fin placement but got on the Album cool-aid and dropped the idea.

Sorry I can’t be more definitive.

Reactions: MathDebater

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Wills Fish by Lovelace is the best good wave fish I've had to date.
There’s one for sale at a shop near me (Trim Craft version) and I’ve been eyeballing it for quite some time.

What fins do you run in yours?

Last edited:

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
There’s one for sale at a shop near me (Trim Craft version) and I’ve been eyeballing it for quite some time.

What fins do you run in yours?
Lovelace Piggyback keel. Tried the board with the CC keels which is kind of my go-to and it went fine. Switched to the Piggybacks and it kind of lit up. More drive and squirt, went bottom to top better. Haven't tried anything different since. I should mention mine is a Varial. I imagine the poly version might feel quite different from a performance standpoint.

Looks like Lovelace just dropped an even more high-performance version of the Wills Fish. You gotta be a small guy to ride it though.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Some of my best moments on my Burch 5'4 Squit have come on an overhead day at a lefthand reef point. Once the fins got the water rushing past them it just locked in and carved all along it with so much speed and flow. Was kinda eye-opening in terms of what those boards are meant for. Obviously, I'd seen Ryan's section at the point in Psychic Migrations, but I didn't know it would actually translate a tiny little bit to how I could surf on it.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Some of my best moments on my Burch 5'4 Squit have come on an overhead day at a lefthand reef point. Once the fins got the water rushing past them it just locked in and carved all along it with so much speed and flow. Was kinda eye-opening in terms of what those boards are meant for. Obviously, I'd seen Ryan's section at the point in Psychic Migrations, but I didn't know it would actually translate a tiny little bit to how I could surf on it.
You should try a McNeill Rasta Torus twin but in a 5'8". Then you'll be feeling like Rasta doing his signature drop wallet cutties. Gaz has a special going with free international shipping and insurance.