What's up with....Thread

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Yes we have Neem, I was asking WTF they were.

What's up with this?

My wife and I went camping up north a little way. We stopped at a coffee shop to buy some coffee because we forgot to get some. Unsure if our hand-grinder was in our camping bag, I asked for some of the beans to be ground. They said they can't. I said why because of COVID, people use the excuse for anything, so why not this. He said not because the coffee won't be as good if you grind the the beans before. I said Yes I know that but we are going camping and we don't have a grinder, I just need two days worth ground. He said he was sorry but he could not do it.
I could understand if you didn't buy the beans there. But, if you paid for it then why do they care what you do after that? lol

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
We ended up buying some coffee someplace else, and we had the grinder in the camping gear. The coffee snobbery thing is pretty funny. But I have to wonder if they were worried I'd not enjoy the coffee as the flavor gods intended, and if not, if I'd leave a bad Yelp! review.

I could understand if you didn't buy the beans there. But, if you paid for it then why do they care what you do after that? lol
Indeed, it's really good coffee too. But the stuff we ended up buying was just as good and less expensive, so, there's that.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
We ended up buying some coffee someplace else, and we had the grinder in the camping gear. The coffee snobbery thing is pretty funny. But I have to wonder if they were worried I'd not enjoy the coffee as the flavor gods intended, and if not, if I'd leave a bad Yelp! review.

Indeed, it's really good coffee too. But the stuff we ended up buying was just as good and less expensive, so, there's that.
you should leave a bad yelp review now. customer is always right

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
What's up with people who stand in line looking at a menu at the local taco joint for 5 minutes and don't know what they want when they finally get to order? You been looking at that menu for fucking 5 minutes. Fuckinell.
I remember after living in Africa for 3 years, eating basically the same thing every day and drinking only water, on the flight home the stewardess was arriving with the beverage cart. I nearly had a panic attack trying to decide what to get...and ended up getting water.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
What's up with other surfers caring so much about what people do to their boards?

I put little 5x5 foam pads on the tails of my boards. I don't like deck pads on most of my boards but I like being able to feel the tail without looking down. It works. I've had 5 different people comment on how it looks.

So many middle aged guys who act like they're still in elementary school.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What's up with other surfers caring so much about what people do to their boards?

I put little 5x5 foam pads on the tails of my boards. I don't like deck pads on most of my boards but I like being able to feel the tail without looking down. It works. I've had 5 different people comment on how it looks.

Pics?

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015

I’ve seen it.

Looks Phucking stupid

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I’m on the coffee guys side.

They need to protect their product and brand.

If they grind it and the guy doesn’t go camping and the coffee sucks and he serves in the office and then goes “oh I bought it at so and so and they ground it for me” it ruins their product branding.

Kind of common sense no?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

If they grind it and the guy doesn’t go camping and the coffee sucks and he serves in the office and then goes “oh I bought it at so and so and they ground it for me” it ruins their product branding.

Kind of common sense no?
if the coffee sucks after being ground only a couple days earlier the coffee was never good to begin with.

yes, it's best to grind it right before but come on.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
if the coffee sucks after being ground only a couple days earlier the coffee was never good to begin with.

yes, it's best to grind it right before but come on.
You not wrong. But its likely brand protection. They want their coffee to taste a certain way everytime and will do everything to do that.

Like Pizza. Tastes good or even better the next day. But Dominos will serve it fresh out the oven everytime.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III

Kind of common sense no?
I would have signed a contract saying I would only make the pre-ground coffee while camping. But that was not an option.

It's better that they are known as the "coffee shop not to stop at if you need ground coffee for camping."

• Haha
Reactions: rice

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Yes we have Neem, I was asking WTF they were.

What's up with this?

My wife and I went camping up north a little way. We stopped at a coffee shop to buy some coffee because we forgot to get some. Unsure if our hand-grinder was in our camping bag, I asked for some of the beans to be ground. They said they can't. I said why because of COVID, people use the excuse for anything, so why not this. He said not because the coffee won't be as good if you grind the the beans before. I said Yes I know that but we are going camping and we don't have a grinder, I just need two days worth ground. He said he was sorry but he could not do it.
Costco you can grind your coffee and TJ's a worker grinds for you:shaka: