what's beyond an OFL?

groovn

Kelly Slater status
Jan 16, 2002
The North Coast
The stage beyond an OFL, I can now confirm via field-tested experimentation, is an FOFL.

#toofattofitinawettie
#cantsurf
#sofat

groovn

Kelly Slater status
Jan 16, 2002
The North Coast
groovn! you live! where you at these days?
Heya Cheeto! I am ensconced in my bliss, amongst the trees and the snow, on the shores of the Great Saltless Sea. :)

But, I have progressively gone from a surfer, to an Old Fat Longboarder, and finally to a FORMER Old Fat Longboarder.... lol.

Damn, I do miss the ocean.

How's by you?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Well, I'm getting older, but still surfing. Why did you bail on NZ?

groovn

Kelly Slater status
Jan 16, 2002
The North Coast
Well, I'm getting older, but still surfing. Why did you bail on NZ?
Kind of a long story. Short version is that I was married to a woman who was convinced she could never be happy again unless we moved back to the USA. Reluctantly, I came back. Then, she attempted to abduct our children, I divorced her, and ten years later guess what? (She's still not happy. Surprise.). Good news is I have NZ residence and so do two of my kids..... It's highly likely that I'll be back there one day.

Moved home to be closer to family for support - so I'm now in Upper Michigan along the glorious shores of Lake Superior. If I can just get myself back in shape, there's ample surf to be had here with WAY less crowds.

exhibit A:

groovnsurf.jpg

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
Hey G! Nice to hear things are well. No crowds sounds good, but the SoCal's
weather is great. I do miss snowboarding. And not traveling a bit with the wife.
Stay healthy and maybe we will see each other again.

Reactions: groovn

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Kind of a long story. Short version is that I was married to a woman who was convinced she could never be happy again unless we moved back to the USA. Reluctantly, I came back. Then, she attempted to abduct our children, I divorced her, and ten years later guess what? (She's still not happy. Surprise.). Good news is I have NZ residence and so do two of my kids..... It's highly likely that I'll be back there one day.

Moved home to be closer to family for support - so I'm now in Upper Michigan along the glorious shores of Lake Superior. If I can just get myself back in shape, there's ample surf to be had here with WAY less crowds.

exhibit A:

View attachment 103558
I met that woman when we went to surf. She didn't seem crazy at the time, but they never do.

I surfed Lake Michigan twice while in law school. It was entertaining. I would do it again and give Superior a shot too.

groovn

Kelly Slater status
Jan 16, 2002
The North Coast
Hey G! Nice to hear things are well. No crowds sounds good, but the SoCal's
weather is great. I do miss snowboarding. And not traveling a bit with the wife.
Stay healthy and maybe we will see each other again.
BOB!! Hey there! Yep, the weather is great, the Sea is there.... the throngs of crowds and the smog and the fires and the traffic I don't miss one bit! But, I'll always love CA as a home away from home!! Would love to see you again. :)

groovn

Kelly Slater status
Jan 16, 2002
The North Coast
I met that woman when we went to surf. She didn't seem crazy at the time, but they never do.

I surfed Lake Michigan twice while in law school. It was entertaining. I would do it again and give Superior a shot too.
Yep.... Didn't 'seem' crazy to me at first, either.... but then, I had my 'In Love' goggles on, and was excited at the prospects of a new life in New Zealand. Lesson learned.

But, I'll always be grateful for her role in my life because without here I would not be Daddy to two wonderful, caring, big-hearted daughters. So, we take our bad with our good in this life, eh.

Reactions: Mr Doof and Aruka

theramrod

Nep status
Nov 14, 2014
N Cackalaki