What'd You Get?!?!?

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Off topic, you do any fishing? Was just watching some great videos of big Cod and Halibut being caught from shore, you Nordics are holding!
No, I don't eat fish, so I don't fish for them :)

Maybe for 2024 I will do 1 day per week of fish dinner like a grown up person.

Reactions: mundus

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Yep. Been wanting one for the past couple years. Read all your guy's posts about them in the "Snow Surfing" thread and told my wife that's the one I wanted. I don't ride switch or go off jumps anymore, I just want to carve.
Is that strictly a powder board or good on groomers/glades too?

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Is that strictly a powder board or good on groomers/glades too?
"The Café Racer is a classic softboot carving shape, ideal for tight turns when tearing up groomers at your local resort. It’s a great board for learning how to carve, but can also handle the skills and turns of an experienced rider. Although its main focus is on carving, the Café Racer can easily be taken off-piste for some deep powder turns. If getting super low on your turns is your priority, this is the shape for you!"

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
"The Café Racer is a classic softboot carving shape, ideal for tight turns when tearing up groomers at your local resort. It’s a great board for learning how to carve, but can also handle the skills and turns of an experienced rider. Although its main focus is on carving, the Café Racer can easily be taken off-piste for some deep powder turns. If getting super low on your turns is your priority, this is the shape for you!"
Oh damn that right up my alley

Reactions: tenover

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
My wife and I got to spend some quality time with our teenagers who increasingly are gone more and more so we're trying to make the most of the time we get with them. We got a super fun afternoon of rain boarding at our local yesterday with almost nobody else up there, spinning laps on the new 6-pack chairlift enjoying the soft snow and thankful that gore-tex works as well as it does.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
1. a thumbs up from my orthopedic surgeon to try and start surfing again
2. a 30lb weight loss from the effects of the oxycodone and severe pain during recovery from my second full knee replacement procedure.
3. From my cousin, my uncle's vintage Girard Perregaux Sea Hawk from the 1940's given to him by his parents when he went off to college (Harvard). Named after the 1940's movie The Sea Hawk starring Errol Flynn, my cousin's childhood movie hero. Personally, I preferred Charlie Chaplin movies back then versus that swashbuckler but it was an honor to be gifted his hand me down.

oh yeah
picked up a 5'2'" penisboard for the Wai Kai wavepool as I work my way back into the ocean
and my bro and I are making our own 42" sidecut compsand flowboards for that standing wave pool

Merry Christmas all and a safe and Happy New Year!

346103421_1207852299928427_2352780697481579144_n.jpg

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
From my son some aroma chemicals, and from my wife some good new scissors (for when she cuts my hair), assorted treats (ugh), a candle (for the bathroom, HA!). I'm missing something (in addition to my memory)...

Reactions: grapedrink