What would it take ? (Trump related)

cdes

Nep status
Oct 9, 2006
GromsDad said:
cdes said:
Autoprax said:
Everyone is framing it so their team wins.

That trips me out.
Yeah, that is at the heart of my question. At what point does one realize that they backed the wrong horse? What would it take?
Did you back Hillary? If so how would you square that with the things we learned about her last fall?
You'll remember that Hillary is no longer relevant, she is and should stay retired. No deflection or distraction please.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
cdes said:
GromsDad said:
cdes said:
Autoprax said:
Everyone is framing it so their team wins.

That trips me out.
Yeah, that is at the heart of my question. At what point does one realize that they backed the wrong horse? What would it take?
Did you back Hillary? If so how would you square that with the things we learned about her last fall?
You'll remember that Hillary is no longer relevant, she is and should stay retired. No deflection or distraction please.
that's not a deflection. Its a measure of your intellectual honesty and forthrightness.

cdes

Nep status
Oct 9, 2006
But to answer your question, yes I did vote for Hillary. I suppose that my vote was in many ways similar as a good portion of Trump supporters: I voted for her based on policy, not based on some love of her. I hate the term lesser of two evils (and the false equivalency that brings), but it is apt. Like I stated earlier, I think that there is an excellent argument to be made for smaller government, and I give most Trump voters enough credit to be able to say: "Yeah I wanted the smaller government candidate, but I dont approve of the president and if what credible news agencies are reporting is found to be true, then I think he's bad for this country".
I suppose that if a similar scandal had happened to Hillary then I would be forced to say the same.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Any dirt dug on Hillary would have been dismissed as radical conspiracy theories because she's the banking establishment's preferred candidate

Remember, the banking establishment owns everything else. They are the enemy

cdes

Nep status
Oct 9, 2006
I would think that the banking industry would be more interested in a candidate that favored de-regulation and hired Goldman Sachs employees to oversee the treasury...

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
cdes said:
I would think that the banking industry would be more interested in a candidate that favored de-regulation and hired Goldman Sachs employees to oversee the treasury...
Duh.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
cdes said:
So Hilary.

She would have made the same hires, she just wouldn't have been as destabilizing.

Don't get it twisted

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
ifallalot said:
Any dirt dug on Hillary would have been dismissed as radical conspiracy theories because she's the banking establishment's preferred candidate

You've seen Trump's cabinet, right? How can you make the above statements and still support Trump?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Gnudz said:
ifallalot said:

You've seen Trump's cabinet, right? How can you make the above statements and still support Trump?
I don't support Trump. I just support his opposition less

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
eldoc said:
cdes said:
Duh.
Goldman Sachs has been in the treasury under Bush, Obama, and even now with Trump. see a trend ;) No matter the party Goldman Sachs wins

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
stu dog said:
eldoc said:
cdes said:
Duh.
Goldman Sachs has been in the treasury under Bush, Obama, and even now with Trump. see a trend ;) No matter the party Goldman Sachs wins
My point exactly. The banks are in charge

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
VeniceSrfr said:
At this point he's been the most successful president and has accomplished more than any other in his first 100 days in office.
:shocked2: :roflmao: Holy sh#t!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Many I spoke with said they had made a fundamental mistake of viewing Trump primarily as an ideologue with whom they disagreed rather than what he increasingly appears to be: an ill-prepared newcomer to the world stage, with uninformed views and a largely untested team that will now be sorely tried by a 9-day, 5-stop world tour that would be wildly ambitious even for a seasoned global leader.

“People are less worried than they were six weeks ago, less afraid,” a senior German government official with extensive experience in the United States told me. “Now they see the clownish nature.” Or, as another German said on the sidelines of a meeting here devoted to taking stock of 70 years of U.S.-German relations, “People here think Trump is a laughingstock.”

“The dominant reaction to Trump right now is mockery,” Jacob Heilbrunn, the editor of the conservative journal the National Interest, told the meeting at the German Foreign Office here while moderating a panel on Trump’s foreign policy that dealt heavily on the difficulty of divining an actual policy amid the spectacle. Heilbrunn, whose publication hosted Trump’s inaugural foreign policy speech in Washington during last year’s campaign, used the ‘L’ word too. “The Trump administration is becoming an international laughingstock.” Michael Werz, a German expert from the liberal U.S. think tank Center for American Progress, agreed, adding he was struck by “how rapidly the American brand is depreciating over the last 20 weeks.”

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/05/19/trump-middle-east-trip-saudi-arabia-215163

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
rice said:
Many I spoke with said they had made a fundamental mistake of viewing Trump primarily as an ideologue with whom they disagreed rather than what he increasingly appears to be: an ill-prepared newcomer to the world stage, with uninformed views and a largely untested team that will now be sorely tried by a 9-day, 5-stop world tour that would be wildly ambitious even for a seasoned global leader.

“People are less worried than they were six weeks ago, less afraid,” a senior German government official with extensive experience in the United States told me. “Now they see the clownish nature.” Or, as another German said on the sidelines of a meeting here devoted to taking stock of 70 years of U.S.-German relations, “People here think Trump is a laughingstock.”

“The dominant reaction to Trump right now is mockery,” Jacob Heilbrunn, the editor of the conservative journal the National Interest, told the meeting at the German Foreign Office here while moderating a panel on Trump’s foreign policy that dealt heavily on the difficulty of divining an actual policy amid the spectacle. Heilbrunn, whose publication hosted Trump’s inaugural foreign policy speech in Washington during last year’s campaign, used the ‘L’ word too. “The Trump administration is becoming an international laughingstock.” Michael Werz, a German expert from the liberal U.S. think tank Center for American Progress, agreed, adding he was struck by “how rapidly the American brand is depreciating over the last 20 weeks.”

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/05/19/trump-middle-east-trip-saudi-arabia-215163
Making America Great Again. :toilet:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
rice said:

OH MY GOD WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MYSELF NOW THAT RANDOM GERMANS DON'T HAVE A HIGH OPINION OF OUR LEADERSHIP

THE HORROR!

They have a long time to go before they live this one down

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
ifallalot said:
rice said:

OH MY GOD WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MYSELF NOW THAT RANDOM GERMANS DON'T HAVE A HIGH OPINION OF OUR LEADERSHIP

THE HORROR!

They have a long time to go before they live this one down

You are hereby banned from eating hamburgers and hotdogs.

You can still eat pizza with a fork and knife and enjoy the occasional rollmops though. :cookin: