what to look for

Jun 24, 2003
ocean
Visit site
i live where it is usually 3-4 sometimes up to 8 foot waves ive been surfing for a while but never erally paid attention to surfboard design. what do i look for in a board to go really really fast and make really snappy sprays maybe do some airs.
thanks

TRI FINS ARE DANGEROUS

Tom Curren status
Jan 10, 2002
Pavement, CA USA
www.surfysurfy.net
sheesh, remind me never to log off.

I would cruise the surf shops and feel rails, tuck boards under your arm and lay different boards on the floor next to each other until you see THE one. Something about a board should really appeal to you inner surf instincts. I'm not recomending dimensions because I don't know anything about you. If anything look for a board with a "hip". You don't want anything to straight looking you want to kill the lip and get air. Those CI Eagles Wings might be up your alley.

I personally would own at least two boards if I were you. It's pretty tough to force a board to werk in 3'-8' surf.

LeeD

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jun 26, 2003
Berkeley,CA
Hey
Basically, you are saying you want to be a good surfer, like the top guys in your area, the competitors, and the top guys in the world.
Ride what you like, just ride more, more, and more. Skill is what it takes go ride fast, turn precise and hard, and put it all together.
No board performs with a bad surfer directing it.
Every board on the market today rips with a good surfer who believes in the design.
That said, most pros, for 3-8' surf, would ride about a 6'4" trifin if they are mid 150's in weight.