What surfing has become.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Whenever old guys complain about crowds ask em how many kids they have. All those bros raw-dogging it since the 70s only have themselves to blame.
Two kids, one surfs. She grew up at the beaches within walking distance from the house in town and the house here. I gave her my spot. After she earned it.

Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
do you ever make an attempt to regulate?

all bullshit aside - WE let this happen..it was us - we got old and soft and lost the bark and now people who actually know how to surf, and the laws of the land are minority. we didnt pass any torch - we jsut let it fall.
I think about this sometimes. Where I surf most often can be zooed out by kayakers and SUPers many of whom are a danger to others, most of whom take more than their share of waves. And I think.. who let it get like this?

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
Since we’re here talking about how popular surfing is now I just got this old Blu-ray DVD and streaming player it’s got stuff like Netflix and Tubi TV streaming video stuff. I’m looking for a decent app and I found Surfline TV the app on my damn Blu-ray player. IMG_1241.jpeg

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Well completely uncrowded this morning, got my ass kicked by the normally feeble EC Atlantic. Paddle out on the the midlength was challenge, got a few closeouts, a actual holddown by EC standards and hand slipped when trying to prone my last one in and have a nice lump on my eyebrow:violin:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Well completely uncrowded this morning, got my ass kicked by the normally feeble EC Atlantic. Paddle out on the the midlength was challenge, got a few closeouts, a actual holddown by EC standards and hand slipped when trying to prone my last one in and have a nice lump on my eyebrow:violin:
ALS?

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: kpd73 and mundus

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I knew you were a sissy. What a kook.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I got warm fuzzies from the surf today, because I got in caught a few got out and stayed safely away from any others drifting through. I saw places that were more congested at times but today probably made a few people really happy.

nolibos

OTF status
Oct 24, 2019
Central California
Really fun last two days at ------- Creek, CA. Today was 4-6+ building swell, moderate offshore breeze, incredible sunrise. Managed to sit on a really nice peak just South of the handful of other surfers.
Kento went to Southern California for Thanksgiving, so Murphy's Law is in full effect around here.
Surfing North of SF is pretty much the same as it has always been.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
If going for a surf doesn't make you happy, then don't do it. Very simple.
Preach bro. The trick for me was
A) mindfulness, I tried very hard to simply be thankful for being healthy enough etc to be able to go surfing in the first place

2) again mindfulness, I also tried very hard to be aware of/look for the moments of beauty and joy that occur when one is surfing and to appreciate how lucky I was to be there at that moment in time to experience it. A dank pelican squadron fly by for example or dolphins surfing as you paddle back out, the list is endless

Last edited:

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Preach bro. The trick for me was
A) mindfulness, I tried very hard to simply be thankful for being healthy enough etc to be able to go surfing in the first place

2) again mindfulness, I also tried very hard to be aware of/look for the moments of beauty and joy that occur when one is surfing and to appreciate how lucky I was to be there at that moment in time to experience it. A dank pelican squadr fly by for example or dolphins surfing as you paddle back out.
100%