What Boards You Got On Order?

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I know Ward and he is always ripping. That tail is perfect for SC points (looks like the Jobson-I believe Dynamic Balance that used to be commonsight at OB in the late 80's early 90's). Based on that post his boards and the SK he refers to would make and easy two shaper choice.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
I prefer the look when the channel flares slightly as it exits the tail(aesthetically)
there is usually enough room on that type of outline/tail shape to squeak in 4 channels
as another option
whichever way you go, you need a step up twinzer

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Could be ages before I see my 6'4 Desert Storm (NZ-AUS border opening). Very tempted to order a CI Taco Grinder in the meantime.
Since reading @freeride76 "4 board quiver" response, it reminded me that I've been wanting to check out Webster's shapes. Gotta admit, I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to bigger waves (i.e. super confident in my comfort zone, but a little outside than that and I start shitting bricks), so the board might not be utilised to it's full potential, but I've been thinking of a big arse desert storm to get over myself and push myself a bit. Either that, or the Wacko ... something about the wider outlines speaks to me!

Reactions: chilly1 and Havoc

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Since reading @freeride76 "4 board quiver" response, it reminded me that I've been wanting to check out Webster's shapes. Gotta admit, I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to bigger waves (i.e. super confident in my comfort zone, but a little outside than that and I start shitting bricks), so the board might not be utilised to it's full potential, but I've been thinking of a big arse desert storm to get over myself and push myself a bit. Either that, or the Wacko ... something about the wider outlines speaks to me!
Do it.

They are such a trip to surf - so different. And that's just me speaking from my limited 6'10 experience. (Super bloody good value, too, so it's no going to cost you an arm and a leg).

The Wacko is a barrel/slab board, which apparently goes really well as a slight step up for those used to shorter boards. The DS is just a big, meaty battle axe, but surprisingly nimble when you put your foot on the tailblock. Feels different due to the soft rails and vee throughout.

My biggest Webster is a 7'6 Spartan, but I'm keen on getting a 9'0 DS. Covid will determine how long that takes.

Reactions: waxfoot and Aruka

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Really want a 5'6 Christenson fish, but just can't justify dropping that much on a board...my ol Kane Garden will have to do (after a deck reglass) for another summer season.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Really want a 5'6 Christenson fish, but just can't justify dropping that much on a board...my ol Kane Garden will have to do (after a deck reglass) for another summer season.
Had a shaper modify his concaves and rails to be like the Christenson fish I had. Cant tell the difference. This one is my fav twin keel fish yet.

Attachments

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I think I'm going to order a Mayhem Puddle Jumper HP. 1-3 months though.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I may have ordered another board waiting to hear back.

Now thinking about a small wave twin. Is xtr the only way to get a hydrodynamica? I’d want one in pu/poly

Reactions: redrider

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I may have ordered another board waiting to hear back.

Now thinking about a small wave twin. Is xtr the only way to get a hydrodynamica? I’d want one in pu/poly
No, I think you can go through HD website for other builds. Or message him on Instagram. I believe Rusty, Bob Mitsven, Hank Warner, and Wegener have all shaped PUs for HD.

Reactions: rts265

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
My sister, who works at HIC, called to tell me my boards are done. I posted about this before. Did some work for them and took trade for payment. Got a 6’4 prior to the lockdown. And once the boss said I could get my other two boards I ordered them just in case.

189210CD-7CFF-4E0B-9566-674F6E88C4FE.jpeg
41B5557A-2F08-4CCD-B310-1641F770B93A.jpeg
2068F68F-D4CC-4DA5-AEB3-DEA4FC805D5E.jpeg
M7 by Kerry Tokoro. 6’0 x 20 x 2 3/4. 34.3 L.
Glassed 4oz bottom 4oz + 3/4 4oz on deck. I asked Kerry if he could widen the nose area to help paddling into waves. This will be a NS daily driver or when town gets a littl over head and hollow.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
2B10D4FA-0C27-4047-8464-9B2F25429CA3.jpeg

BECD3889-B221-48D8-A3A1-E964295B83AB.jpeg

Mojo by Kerry Tokoro. This is Josh Moniz’s model. 5’10 x 20 x 2 3/4. Glassed single 4 oz bottom single 4oz s-cloth deck with front and tail patches. I asked Kerry if he could widen the outline. Board feels pretty light. Gonna bring this board and the Vesso Love Seat tomorrow morning. If the waves look like it’s standing up going to ride the Mojo if it’s soft like today gonna opt for the fish.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Just put an order in for a board from Terry Senate. 6'6" x 19 3/4" x 2 1/2" or thereabouts, thruster, trending thin, wide tail, fins set a little forward so it's loose. Yes, yes, don't act surprised. :monkey:

But I am stocked. In about 5-6 weeks or so, should have first new board in almost 10 years. Rode the previous one he shaped me into the ground, served as a great daily driver through tens of thousands of waves over its time. :jamon:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Kento did you get glassons or did you opt for a removable fin system? They make this system now where you can change out your fins!
I have only ever had two boards (out of about 20 or so) with glass-ons. :trout:

But yes, I did get Futures (I know more about them than new FCS) for them and I will have to figure it in interim what kind of fins I should throw in there. I know what I like for FCS but not sure how that translates to Futures. Forgot what fins I had in previous version - they probably don't exist anymore...

lasted 10 years as a daily driver?!
Crazy, huh? And just 4oz glass. Durable board and I surfed it hard in everything from 1' to 6'. Towards end (last year or so), I could feel/hear it creaking under me as I sat on it so knew there were buckling, structural weakness issues. Regardless, way I snapped it (after all those years) was completely undignified. Tangled in brown sh!t kelp in impact zone at Diamond Street in PB; only head high to a few feet overhead too. Trying to untangle myself, let board go as I ducked under, and bam, snapped. Very anticlimactic. Wish it was something better like pulling into a big closeout or trying to float something giant but no.... :cautious::roflmao:

Last edited:

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Are most shapers not taking orders now? I messaged a few and have read on instagram they are too backed up with orders.Anybody know a good shaper i can get a fish from? Located in ventura

Reactions: kookEcho