what board would you immediately buy again if it broke today?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
If it’s only one, would have to be a swallowtail twin, my fave probably Varial (RIP) 5’9 lightblender

Others I’d always like to have some version of in my quiver:
5’11 Pyzalien
5’8 GMM2 (need to replace)
5’8 Akila Aipa Contemporary Fish or 5’9 asym Plasmic
6’8 R. Blackbeard Stap
8’0 Mitsven mini glider

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Which opens up a side point.
Wonder how many of these boards have been chosen due to their daily driver utility?
My two choices were due to their feel in good waves that I wouldn't want to be without.
Assume the Pyzel ghost is in this catergory.
mine are definite daily drivers with wide range. I don't surf good waves very often.

Reactions: oeste858

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Which opens up a side point.
Wonder how many of these boards have been chosen due to their daily driver utility?
My two choices were due to their feel in good waves that I wouldn't want to be without.
Assume the Pyzel ghost is in this catergory.
I chose boards I like to ride in really good waves at home and traveling. I am on ghost #3 and its in non wetsuit perfect waves dims (for me) Wouldnt need to replace it right away.
Also know it would be relatively easy to replace when needed, shout to Pyzel surfboards quality!

If my AO broke and there was a good swell at the point up the street or the beaches south I would cry.

Reactions: Pyzelsurfboards

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Bean Bag
If I had no PJ, no PJHP, and no Rad Ripper I'd get another something like this. Overlappy as hell but I've got 2/3 and I don't want nothing between Bean Bag and Baby Buggy

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Might be the least favorite tomo board ive tried. How come you like that one most?
I think @sh3 said the same thing about the Hydroshort (which is the total opposite of me).

I've found it to the be the best all-around board that works in all conditions, that feels most like a shortboard and not some alternative style fun-board. Good rocker. Nice outline. Fast. Works as thruster and quad. Long rail line. Round nose. Center if forward so paddles good. Its like a perfect board to take on a trip.

Reactions: MauiMax

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
If it’s only one, would have to be a swallowtail twin, my fave probably Varial (RIP) 5’9 lightblender

Others I’d always like to have some version of in my quiver:
5’11 Pyzalien
5’8 GMM2 (need to replace)
5’8 Akila Aipa Contemporary Fish or 5’9 asym Plasmic
6’8 R. Blackbeard Stap
8’0 Mitsven mini glider
i could work with this quiver.

Reactions: jkb and oeste858
Jan 2, 2024
Maui
I think @sh3 said the same thing about the Hydroshort (which is the total opposite of me).

I've found it to the be the best all-around board that works in all conditions, that feels most like a shortboard and not some alternative style fun-board. Good rocker. Nice outline. Fast. Works as thruster and quad. Long rail line. Round nose. Center if forward so paddles good. Its like a perfect board to take on a trip.
I always felt like it did well in good conditions but any wind or chop and i didnt like it. Mine might have been a couple liters too big for be though which doesnt help

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008

Yup - my absolute least favorite Tomo. I'm a fan of the MPH (rail) line.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
FW Sweet Potato…Not joking. It is the perfect board for the heavy, middle aged kook such as me trying to surf in mushy waves whose best move is going straight and fast with the occasional off balance cutback.