What are college dorks protesting about?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Everyone is in on that con.

The kids like not coming to class.

The teachers like it too

The admins want it all online.

It's ripoff.

I'm the only person calling BS
Of course they do. I was once a college kid, and I work remotely now sometimes. It's constant fucking off

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Everyone who's forced for any remote learning should be reimbursed for the whole semester

These people aren't paying for online college
“USC announced it is canceling its main commencement ceremony due to new security measures. Individual school ceremonies will continue with added security precautions and a ticketing system. The decision follows protests on campus demanding that the university divest from Israel.”

Jan 3, 2024
I’m a non-practicing Jew by birthright who feels the same way. I resent that Netanyahu and Israel wrap themselves in religion in a way that renders any criticism of the Israeli government and military as somehow antisemitic. What they are doing now is putting Jews worldwide at increased risk and will prove to be counterproductive to their security in the region.
Yeah mafuckas don't realize most American and even Israeli jews are secular...

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
The question I have is why aren't the protesters worried about going to class or graduating?

And if they are not students, why the hell are they on campus in the first place?
Columbia arrest report now released indicates almost HALF of 282 arrested at Hamilton Hall barricade protest were NOT students at Columbia, or any nearby college.

Pretty much what most suspected. Paid pro-protesters from Occupy type orgs on the scene, AGAIN.

Pro agitators need jobs too.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
To my knowledge, no graduations have been cancelled due to student protests.

UCLA is online for 2 days.
Reminder: Classes were not cancelled because of protests. Classes were moved to remote for 2 days after peaceful protesters were ATTACKED on campus while police fucked off for a few hours.
LOLZ, the Zionists were vastly outnumbered. If you are blocking access to students then your protest is no longer peaceful.

Columbia has to finish the semester with online learning, or at least they were temporarily.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
That's a lot to pay for a "prestigious" degree, when you can get the same from U of Phoenix online courses for a fraction of the cost.

Parents must be stocked.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

LOLZ, the Zionists were vastly outnumbered. If you are blocking access to students then your protest is no longer peaceful.

Columbia has to finish the semester with online learning, or at least they were temporarily.
I'll tag @Sharky too since he mentioned it.
USC cancelled after they got blowback refusing to allow their elected valedictorian to speak at commencement because she was expressing Palestinian sentiments. Most of these demonstrations gained momentum following their announcement to cancel commencement rather than confront their censorship. It's in the article that you posted...

Attackers arrived in smaller numbers, at night. I'm not sure what your point is about being outnumbered.

We clearly have differing interpretations of "peaceful".
For you, it's getting in the way.
For me, it's causing physical harm.

I don't think your definition is accurate, but you're not alone. It seems to help you rationalize violence against people you don't agree with.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Lots steel-man/straw-man collision of frames happening.

It's weird how the slants come up out of the subconscious automatically.

Everything is feeling's based.

The slants arise out of those feelings.

"People don't choose things. They choose descriptions of the things." --DK

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Some “getting in the way” is peaceful
Some “getting in the way” is not

I really want to go to Columbia to check out the scene, but parking up there really sucks

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
Columbia arrest report now released indicates almost HALF of 282 arrested at Hamilton Hall barricade protest were NOT students at Columbia, or any nearby college.

Pretty much what most suspected. Paid pro-protesters from Occupy type orgs on the scene, AGAIN.

Pro agitators need jobs too.
Shocker - So many aimless people looking for a purpose

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'll tag @Sharky too since he mentioned it.
USC cancelled after they got blowback refusing to allow their elected valedictorian to speak at commencement because she was expressing Palestinian sentiments. Most of these demonstrations gained momentum following their announcement to cancel commencement rather than confront their censorship. It's in the article that you posted...
Yes- the cancellation was based on threats by pro-Palestine protestors. What don’t you get about that :unsure:
We clearly have differing interpretations of "peaceful".
For you, it's getting in the way.
For me, it's causing physical harm.
Yes and there have been physical attacks on Jewish students all over the country, and you don’t seem to have a problem with it :unsure:

I don't think your definition is accurate, but you're not alone. It seems to help you rationalize violence against people you don't agree with.
Where exactly am I rationalizing violence? :unsure:

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I love the concept where you can block people from using certain entrances or public thoroughfares on the basis of race/ethnicity and it's all good. "Use the backdoor kike. We don't want your kind round here." Ya'll must have been a riot back in the day. Hanging out in the front of the bus with your boys? Blocking them n***ers and jews from the choice seats?

It's all good.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I love the concept where you can block people from using certain entrances or public thoroughfares on the basis of race/ethnicity and it's all good. "Use the backdoor kike. We don't want your kind round here." Ya'll must have been a riot back in the day. Hanging out in the front of the bus with your boys? Blocking them n***ers and jews from the choice seats?

It's all good.
You go so much further with heckling and mocking than angry screeching. Especially when you have a sympathetic crowd dying for something to laugh at.

Reactions: Sharky

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I don't know about all that, but I'm seriously enjoying these kids with this new combo of Nazism/Fascism/wokeism/racism!

It's SO refreshing! Inventive! Contradictory even!

It's FIRE!

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink