What’s your take on instrumental music?

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^
speakin' of jammin' on,
b4 i split online tonight,
i needz to ask, how the heck have neither of these 2 been mentioned yet, too?!?
:foreheadslap:

Thee Original,
from the pilot, dig thee newest, high performance boards!:
:waving:

Don't forget this 1:
'Charlie Don't Surf'!
right?
:waving:

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020
California Woodside
For me instrumental music is the best, this music put the base on today's' music, and we need to remember and respect that. The saddest thing is that a lot of people use copyrighted music and that's awful. So here we can ask how to see if a song is copyrighted . I can tell you that is hard to do that, and you need a lot of knowledge to do that. But you can find this information on the internet. My advice is to not use copyrighted music.

Last edited:

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
I've been involved with playing, writing, and performing instrumental music for a long time. I think the king of it is Santana. Not that I think he's the best guitar player. I know a lot of guitar players are not impressed at all. After all, he mostly plays simple stuff, but he plays it very very well. He also has established a personal sound.

I saw this demonstrated at a memorial show for Jaco Pastorius. There were all kinds of heavy musicians there- Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, etc. Hiram Bullock, the late great guitarist who played in the Letterman show band, took an extended solo. It was really good. While he was playing, Santana showed up and got onstage, but in the shadows. I could see him because I was standing backstage, but the crowd couldn't. When Bullock finished his solo, he got some applause. Santana, still in the shadows, played one note, a huge Carlos note, and the entire audience reacted. Took out Bullock with one note. Some of it was the recognition and fame, some of it was the power of the note he played.

But the thing I really admire about him is his string of instrumental hits. When you think about it, there are few instrumental hits. Some years there aren't any. Most musicians are lucky to get one. Santana has a handful, more than any other guitarist, maybe more than any modern era musician.

Reactions: brukuns

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I agree with you 100% about Santana. I'm not a big fan either (any of his tunes are easy on the ears though), but you gotta give him credit. He truly has a very unique and immediately identifiable style that's his and his alone.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I agree with you 100% about Santana. I'm not a big fan either (any of his tunes are easy on the ears though), but you gotta give him credit. He truly has a very unique and immediately identifiable style that's his and his alone.
Carlos Santanaclaus. He'd be like regular santa, but he would deliver musical gifts with a magic guitar. His nemesis would be Grinchy Hendrix, an alcoholic who lives with a dog and is in reality better at guitar than Santataclaus.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Carlos Santanaclaus. He'd be like regular santa, but he would deliver musical gifts with a magic guitar. His nemesis would be Grinchy Hendrix, an alcoholic who lives with a dog and is in reality better at guitar than Santataclaus.
hahaha. Jimi is another guitarist that you can recognise right away.