Wetsuits with a lower leg zipper

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
We've always had a lot of rabbits on the island where I live and I'd never seen a dead rabbit before unless it was total road-pizza. Then two summers ago the rabbit population got a little out of control and some residents started complaining on social media and to the local newspaper. Next thing you know there were dead rabbits all over the place. The city denies poisoning them. :unsure:
Whenever our rabbit population starts rising, the coyotes and hawks converge on the area and pretty soon, you can't find a rabbit anywhere. The coyotes move on and then the cycle starts again.

SirKooksALot

OTF status
Apr 1, 2020
I have an Xcel 2mm short arm full suit that is every bit of a nightmare as my 5/4 to get my shoulders out of.
I had a thicker Xcel and told myself I'd never own an Xcel again. Same for a buddy of mine. Body traps. Their neoprene is garbage (at least as far as flexibility and comfort goes) compared to O'neill IMO.

Reactions: Aquaman2

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
love me some rabbit cooked right
Just a friendly word of advice.
Dont eat the ones that the city poisoned.

I guess the city doesn't care about the coyotes, foxes, hawks, vultures and other scavengers that will be killed by the poisoned rabbit they eat. Or maybe that's the reason there are too many rabbits. All their predators have been killed off.

PS I have no idea how this topic started up in a wetsuit thread. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Aquaman2

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
Do the squirrels in your neighborhood need zippers in the legs of their wetsuits?
Ok....I was just reacting to your signature "The road of life is paved with squirrels who couldn't decide which way to go." We have lots of squirrels, but I've never seen a dead one. We have squirrels visit our yard daily looking for peanuts which I hand out liberally, roasted in the shell, no salt, and some are daring enough to take the peanut from my hand. The squirrels and blue jays get peanuts from my house. The blue jays hide the peanuts around my yard and come back for more. They peck open the peanut and use the shell as a bowl to hold the pieces while they peck out the pieces.

• Haha
Reactions: GromsDad

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Ok....I was just reacting to your signature "The road of life is paved with squirrels who couldn't decide which way to go." We have lots of squirrels, but I've never seen a dead one. We have squirrels visit our yard daily looking for peanuts which I hand out liberally, roasted in the shell, no salt, and some are daring enough to take the peanut from my hand. The squirrels and blue jays get peanuts from my house. The blue jays hide the peanuts around my yard and come back for more. They peck open the peanut and use the shell as a bowl to hold the pieces while they peck out the pieces.
LOL!!!! I had no idea why you were bringing up squirrels. I don't see my signature on my phone and forgot it even existed.

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Has any company RnD tried to make an all in one wetsuit with the booties already attached to the legs like kids footie PJ’s? I was so bummed as a kid to outgrow those in the 70’s…Could there also be an outward only drain flow in the heel that could be developed too to keep the water from filling up and having an easy release flow?