West Virginia vs EPA

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Article 1, Section 8: [The Congress shall have Power] "To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;"

Virtually all electric power generated in America goes on some sort of multi-state power grid, hence, interstate commerce.

I will concede your argument that the interstate commmerce clause places interstate power grids under federal regulation if you will concede the argument that a myriad other federal regulations impose penalties which don't have a snow ball's chance in hell of being interstate commerce ....federal "wetlands" protection of puddles on farmers' property . Even then, it's about ten stretches too far to say that federal authority to regulate the grid gives the Obama/Biden administration authority over who grid customers get to buy electricity from.

That said, there's the whole question of a federal administrative agency wielding power which no legislative action authorizes it to wield. Even if there exists law which authorizes these jack-booted actions the Constitution does not provide for congress to hand its law-making authority over to a federal administrative agency. This is the issue which this Supreme Court will use to decide that the EPA is overstepping its authority. Congress can't concede its authority to federal agencies.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Make coal great again!
Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 7.22.40 AM.png

Was already made great. Up 409% this year.

Also China building tons of coal plants right now - worldwide demand increasing, and will likely continue to increase.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
View attachment 132781

Was already made great. Up 409% this year.

Also China building tons of coal plants right now - worldwide demand increasing, and will likely continue to increase.
That's great.

If China is shitting on their environment, breathe sh!t air and swimming in sh!t, we should too.

Solid logic.

Also, Russian oil makes up 8 percent of U.S. oil imports. In most European countries, that number is much higher.
The move to coal is temporary.

Europe is still going carbon neutral by 2050.

We are going backwards.

Last edited:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
SCOTUS rules that if congress or the executive branch want laws they have to write them themselves and not abdicate them to administrative agencies in order to save some political cover.

SCOTUS also rules that the POTUS can do away with previous administration immigration policy...which effectively puts an end to the venue shopping both sides do to get nationwide injunctions against all kinds of constitutional policies the executive branch wishes to enact.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If China is shitting on their environment, breathe sh!t air and swimming in sh!t, we should too.
That's pretty fucked up you feel that way.

Also, Russian oil makes up 8 percent of U.S. oil imports. In most European countries, that number is much higher.
The move to coal is temporary.
LOL

Short of a humiliating European pivot at the bargaining table (something that wouldn't surprise me) once this Russia-Ukraine thing is over conversion to coal is likely far from temporary.

Europe is still going carbon neutral by 2050.
Unlikely. LOL.

The only way Europe goes carbon neutral by 2050 is by polluting the rest of the planet in the process.

If you consider an attempted shell game a victory...:roflmao:

We are going backwards.
Who is "we"?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
That's pretty fucked up you feel that way.

LOL

Short of a humiliating European pivot at the bargaining table (something that wouldn't surprise me) once this Russia-Ukraine thing is over conversion to coal is likely far from temporary.

Unlikely. LOL.

The only way Europe goes carbon neutral by 2050 is by polluting the rest of the planet in the process.

If you consider an attempted shell game a victory...:roflmao:

Who is "we"?
I love when people ask "who is we".

Take a guess moron.

We are still #1 polluter in the developed world, so talking sh!t about Europe and China while ignoring what's happening here, is the dumbest whataboutism ever.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I love when people ask "who is we".

Take a guess moron.

We are still #1 polluter in the developed world, so talking sh!t about Eurooe and China
LOL

My confusion over "we" was me scratching my head in disbelief at your stupidity.

Nobody here is converting to coal, cumfart.

Further "we" have the strictest emissions controls on the planet. It's actually one of few areas we we are legitimately "USA #1!"

Nobody here is going backwards.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
LOL

My confusion over "we" was me scratching my head in disbelief at your stupidity.

Further "we" have the strictest emissions controls on the planet. It's actually one of few areas we we are legitimately "USA #1!"

In Fecals defense...he's not clear what makes a penis and a vagina two different things. He's..what they call in the south, "touched".

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
LOL

LOL far far far from the strictest emission controls.

California - maybe, the US, not even fucking close. And yes, we're still #1.

Bringing Europe and China into conversation about US carbon footprint, is always a tell.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
You mean the plane that was certified by the FAA during the Trump administration?

Link please.

If Trump's FAA had anything to do with the 737 Max it was well after they had been designed and built, and many of them were already sold.