Well, that was a first.

Slabsplease

OTF status
Mar 5, 2015
A very cool experience to hear about...interesting behavior.
I also did two things in the water I haven't done in years today...I trunked it 100% (zero neoprene) and I urinated in the water, what a rush!

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I've done volunteer work over the years and that towel/moat thing is what people are instructed to do. A crowded beach with live stranded dolphin is a comical sh1tshow. They tend to beach themselves somewhere else if pushed back in and if it's more remote they'll seizure/suffer longer & usually be found dead, rather than (from what I've seen) get rehabbed (rare) or euthanized (30-60 seconds).

Reactions: HarryLopez

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
I've done volunteer work over the years and that towel/moat thing is what people are instructed to do. A crowded beach with live stranded dolphin is a comical sh1tshow. They tend to beach themselves somewhere else if pushed back in and if it's more remote they'll seizure/suffer longer & usually be found dead, rather than (from what I've seen) get rehabbed (rare) or euthanized (30-60 seconds).
Well, I wish I had known this earlier. This is what I was told as well by others, good info for others. Because, beware, it could happen to YOU!

Reactions: rice