waves today

IrieShark

Michael Peterson status
May 2, 2002
West Maui
Visit site
Were going off. Surfed campus and it was sooo much fun. Pretty crowded but you could connect some of them through to poles and ride way down the point. Barrels everywhere. Crowded but still pretty manageable. Maybe well see less people out since the dorms are giving everyone the boot in a day or two. Hope everyone else got some.

surfwordz

Miki Dora status
Aug 27, 2002
F-53
Howzit IrieShark...glad your getting some good ones..its good here too right now but I gets nothing...at least somebodys getting the goods ...I`m stuck at home ,gotta watch da grommets,tommorow for sure..what part of ca are you from?you must be excited about you trip to hawaii coming soon.

matt

Michael Peterson status
Jan 10, 2002
Visit site
irie- i heard the rip was pretty bad. The 2 spots I surfed to say were the best Ive seen in about 8 years. I saw the biggest wave ever in SB today, total freak set, maybe 2.5 X OH. Boy oh boy, there were some mighty fine waves today

sb2sb

Nep status
Apr 8, 2002
Matt,<P>I was wishing I was up in SB, but oh well.<P>Down here in OC,<P>We had real good waves yesterday, cross up swell, everybody was getting waves. The good and real good surfers were getting lots of nice barrells.<P>Today was bigger more walled, everybody was packed into the NB area. Pretty fun, but crowded.<P>Overall, best weekend I have had surfing in CA in a long time.

sb2sb

Nep status
Apr 8, 2002
Irie,<P>Top of campus, all the way to poles.<P>How big, those are some nice rides, if my memory serves me correct?<P>15-18' Waimes, yikes!!!!!!!

IrieShark

Michael Peterson status
May 2, 2002
West Maui
Visit site
sb,<P>It was pretty good size, sets probably averaged in the 1.5 OH range. I got one macker when I was paddling back out that caught everyone unaware and I was in perfect position. That one was at least 2OH. Dev's was actually bigger, but wasn't breaking as good.<P>wordz,<P>I'm in Santa Barbara going to school right now. I'm getting so pumped up for this trip. Just the warm water has me so stoked. I know I'll get some waves. Honolua looks so perfect!<P>matt,<P>this swell hit kind of funny. the spots that usually turn up with waves aren't. The outside reef has been out of hand, and the point at devereaux was breaking really strange today. I watched some clueless longboarders try and paddle out in front of my house and if the tide had been high you all would have seen another rescue mission in the newspaper.

matt

Michael Peterson status
Jan 10, 2002
Visit site
I got some pics that Ill put up tomorrow. Didnt get the big set, but got a few 1.5 times OH waves. I saw some pretty scary wipeouts, along with 3 broken leashes and 4 snapped boards.

sb2sb

Nep status
Apr 8, 2002
Oooohhhhhh Campus at that size, mmmmmmmm,<BR>must have been real good.<P>Thanks for the report.<P>

Dec 8, 2002
San Diego, CA
I'm glad you folks enjoyed it. It was just too big for a new kook like me. I surfed Tourmaline yesterday, but today, all I could do was sit on shore and enviously watch. I went to La Jolla Shores and watched a bunch of bodysurfers catching 10-foot waves. Waves 10 feet overhead, rocky shore a hundred yards away, and no board. That takes serious balls.<P>I'll be out there every chance I get. The more I see of this sport, the more I like it.....

matt

Michael Peterson status
Jan 10, 2002
Visit site
Oh, BTW I was never at campus, just to clear that up. I was surfing a spot that is usually smaller than elsewhere, but today it was bigger!!

Captainn

Michael Peterson status
Jan 10, 2002
the waves today were, GOOD. shark, how was the reef out there? I havent't surfed there for so long.

IrieShark

Michael Peterson status
May 2, 2002
West Maui
Visit site
The reef had some sets that would have been fun, but it was pretty unpredictable out there. It's a really long paddle, and it's hard to line up without anyone else out there.<P>I've only surfed it once before, I was by myself, and I remember I had a lot of trouble just getting a wave or two. No takers today.