Wavehunters/World Safaris versus Local Charter Company?

Oct 20, 2005
Hi,

I am currently planning an 2 week surf charter out in the Maldives next summer. Have done quite a bit of research and am looking at a trip that gets out of the main M Male Atoll.
World Safaris (Aussie outfit) have a deal going on an 11 day trip. I have also checked out a few Maldavian operators. One in particular traverse maldives is offering a similar deal at about $350USD less than World Safaris. I am trying to work out the justification of dropping the extra buck on a company with a name in the market against an unknown local operator. It's a long way to go (even from here in the UK) to be disappointed by the service when I get there but $350USD for what looks like a similar boat and itinerary has left me in a head scrathcher?
Any advice?

Oct 20, 2005
G'day mate,
I own World Surfaris in Australia and I have actually received your query for an 11 night trip via Traverse Maldives whom I have never heard of. I can offer you a price in Australian dollars as follows:
Package for Handhu Fahli : 2 - 13 Jul 2006 (for example)
Package=A$1795.00 per person (approx 760 GB pounds)
11 Night charter onboard 75'Handhu-Fahli including all meals, services of experienced local surf-guide, 1 bottle water per day and use of all onboard equipment. Flexible itinerary for Nth,Sth and Mulaku (Meemu) atolls.

Without bias we operate the best live-aboard charters in the
Maldives with EXPERT guides !! -very important.

Please email info@worldsurfaris.com or shaun@worldsurfaris.com if you wish to book.

Best Regards
Shaun Levings
Managing Director
World Surfaris Pty Ltd
PO Box 180, 2/174 Brisbane Rd,
Mooloolaba QLD 4557
Australia
TOLLFREE: 1800 611 163 (within Australia)
Int Phone: Int+ 617 5444 4011
Int Fax: Int + 617 5444 4911