Watch out! Cyclist coming through

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
My homie used to ride his trials bike down the stairs at 204 and back up the hill on the south side. In trunks and chanclas. A high school kid showed up on a bicycle and thought he’d give it a shot. He made the first few steps and experienced one of the top 5 yard sales I’ve ever seen. He made it down to the direction change where he came to an immediate halt. Our crew of degenerates warned him and he went anyway. The paramedics came and stretchered him up the stairs.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Scored a deal on a used steel frame* off of Craigslist this weekend. Will be fun to (slowly) put together a parts bike (from 20 yrs of old parts), starting with the triple square taper Sugino cranks, Microshift 10 speed shifters, XTR derailluers (built for 9 speed so may not work all that well, but they cover the same distance in the casette) ....long live mechanical bikes!

* - A yellow version of this:

1707336197030.png

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Yup, the local FB Mtb pages were lit up with those who believe in riding with a gun and those who like being meals for mountain lions.
The cat pictured lives in the mountains I’m always running in. I saw tracks in the mud yesterday. My understanding is that cat tracks, as opposed to dog tracks, show no claws (nails). These had no nails. :oops: When I run on weekdays I’m far enough back in the hills that there is really no one else around. The thought (about big cats) passes my mind from time to time but I chase it away by telling myself that mountain lions are crepuscular hunters and I need not worry.