Watch out! Cyclist coming through

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
just did a ride

lots of ice patches

kind of sketchy on 2 wheels

and the homeless population that is left over after a couple of days of wind chill in the single digits is an impressive bunch of serious hard cases

will bring a weapon with me next time

Last edited:
Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
The local bike shop was closing out their rental fleet of fat bikes. The owner is my neighbor so she hooked me up with one for cheap. Its a Kona Wo.

Installed some new grips, a dropper post and converted it to tubeless. Its been pretty fun. The grip is crazy. It climbs up loose, wet sh1t better than I expected. Been running like 5-7 psi. Took it to the beach on a stormy day and rode around. It was fun to bomb some dunes and roll over driftwood and stuff. I got wet sand and mud all over my ass.

On my way home, huffing and puffing, pedaling up the steep gravel hill, my older brother drove by with his family. He rolled down his window and yelled, "kooooook!" as he passed.

Fair. It was fair.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
The local bike shop was closing out their rental fleet of fat bikes. The owner is my neighbor so she hooked me up with one for cheap. Its a Kona Wo.

Installed some new grips, a dropper post and converted it to tubeless. Its been pretty fun. The grip is crazy. It climbs up loose, wet sh1t better than I expected. Been running like 5-7 psi. Took it to the beach on a stormy day and rode around. It was fun to bomb some dunes and roll over driftwood and stuff. I got wet sand and mud all over my ass.

On my way home, huffing and puffing, pedaling up the steep gravel hill, my older brother drove by with his family. He rolled down his window and yelled, "kooooook!" as he passed.

Fair. It was fair.
They look fun to mess around with on weird terrain where a normal bike wouldn't work. But I'm with your brother every time I see one being ridden on a road.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com

Fair. It was fair.
I run a front fender from October to May.
I purchased a rear fender for my hardtail, it looks kooky af but it works great for weeks like this. Supposed to get 2” of rain tomorrow.