Watch out! Cyclist coming through

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
^ - Made in the USA?

For the authentic Harley experience, the chain/belt slips every few few revolutions and will leak oil.

:bricks:
friend of mine had his midlife crisis and bought himself a sportster and the full Harley branded getup. What a piece of sh!t that bike was. The machine welds on the frame were some of the sloppiest I’ve ever seen. The $300 Walmart “mountain bikes” have better weld quality. It’s pretty remarkable how far that company is coasting on its branding.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
what’s the deal with s.m? wasn’t there a bunch of neg talk here on the erbb about all those von sol boards a while back?

i was in surfride talking to him the day clark sent out his endsville notice, and he brought out the fax and let me read it - which i thought was pretty cool.

a year or so later i did an impulse buy on a merrick fish there and he knocked off a nice chunk of change on it - without me even haggling on the price. maybe he felt sympathy for a fellow east coast refugee?

excellent gent in my limited experiece!

(that m.h. fish came out of icons in san clemente.)
Ive had no issues with him and bought many boards. Been happy with the construction and designs.

grundy

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 16, 2005
This was a CFR model which snapped on the seatstay. Dude thought he had a flat till the thing sheared.
That exact thing happened to me on my cheap Jamis carbon fiber gravel bike. I hit a rut with my rear tire, hard enough to *maybe* get a flat. The rear tire immediately started rubbing on the frame, and I was like "could I really have broken a spoke on that? I didn't hit it THAT hard?"

No - I'd broken my seat stay.

Jamis was cool about it, at the time they had 2 levels of carbon frames; they replaced my cheapo version with the same frame in the primo construction. It's been going strong for the last three years or so.

Literally, "just riding along"

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
That exact thing happened to me on my cheap Jamis carbon fiber gravel bike. I hit a rut with my rear tire, hard enough to *maybe* get a flat. The rear tire immediately started rubbing on the frame, and I was like "could I really have broken a spoke on that? I didn't hit it THAT hard?"

No - I'd broken my seat stay.

Jamis was cool about it, at the time they had 2 levels of carbon frames; they replaced my cheapo version with the same frame in the primo construction. It's been going strong for the last three years or so.

Literally, "just riding along"

It is stories like this that scare me about carbon wheels and frames....they invoke the memory of a Fuji frame breaking at the seat stays and sending me into a world of hurt right near this red X as I was riding home from high school:

1604098007702.png

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Death by a thousand cuts.

I recently walked face first into a paddle cactus that was hanging in the sidewalk. Was walking the dog with my gf and we were checking out a house thats on the market on the other side of the street and I walked right into the fvcking thing. I got maybe 5 or 6 needles in my face, neck and shoulder. It fucking sucked. But this is next level.