Want to see the Titanic?

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
I wonder if it got suddenly crushed like a Coors Light can or if they are dying a slow oxygen deprived death? Going in a submarine accident seems a poor way to go no matter how rich you are.
yes. better to get shot into space in an exploding rocketship so everyone gets to watch it on t.v.

xtra points if done on 4th of july or joonteemf….

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I love that I don't love the idea of mountain climbing, submarining, rocket flying.

Hook me up to a morphine drip. I'll be right here when you get back! :dancing:

Reactions: bruhdakine

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
The sub company charges $250K each to go down and they don't have a second sub that can go that deep for rescue. I'd rather pay $500K and know there's a second sub topside just in case. But then it probably wouldn't start - naaah I'm not interested in seeing a rusty Titanic anyway.

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I wonder if it got suddenly crushed like a Coors Light can or if they are dying a slow oxygen deprived death? Going in a submarine accident seems a poor way to go no matter how rich you are.
I am going to guess power failure was the initial problem.

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Whatever you do? Do not give 250k to a company called "Ocean Gate".

Anyone else see the irony in their Corp name choice?

Too soon?

:shameonyou::shrug:

After having been down 50-60 feet scuba diving, I can honestly say that I wouldn't get in one of those submarine thingies if my life depended on doing so.

:socrazy::drowning:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Agree. Fucking awful.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
yes. better to get shot into space in an exploding rocketship so everyone gets to watch it on t.v.

xtra points if done on 4th of july or joonteemf….
not sure if id rather wait out my fate at the depths of the deep ocean as in the movie The Abyss or drifting into oblivion in outer space as in the movie Gravity.

instant death is preferred to whatever hypoxic euphoria awaits after 72hrs of pure claustrophobic anxiety hell.

Last edited:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Everything I’m seeing says this was a rinky dink shoot from the hip operation with a lot of cut corners. Diving to such depths should be treated like space travel. Apparently this wasn’t.