Varial RIP

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
NVS is trying to push g10 crap onto the market when standard fiberglass is far superior. those thin stiff crappy g10 foils flat out suck. they're doing g10 only bc it's cheaper to produce not bc it is superior.

futures made in usa cnc cut fiberglass fins trump anything NVS can make so they can suck it. but whatevers, sheep are gonna sheep.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
NVS is trying to push g10 crap onto the market when standard fiberglass is far superior. those thin stiff crappy g10 foils flat out suck. they're doing g10 only bc it's cheaper to produce not bc it is superior.

futures made in usa cnc cut fiberglass fins trump anything NVS can make so they can suck it. but whatevers, sheep are gonna sheep.
IMG_3242.gif

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Didn’t GG use g10?

And standard glass “far superior”? Really? Far?

How ”far”?

I have futures and true ames fiberglass fins and I have some NVS fins. In some boards the NVS are my preferred fin. The fins work, they go in the boxes, they come out when I want them to, they’re still the same shape after multiple uses - just like all of my other fins.

As far as quality, performance, durability, etc. I’d say they’re on the same level as futures.

Last edited:

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014

6.75 NVS bonzer fins are my the go to in my cosmic machines.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014

I recently had a convo about g10 with Sean Mattison that went the opposite route. g10 can have a thinner foil (= more speed/less drag) while storing more kinetic energy than similarly foiled fiberglass can hold. Fiberglass needs to be thicker in order to not warp and then lose drive.