Vanlifers or Cab over 4WD pick-up?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I had a truck camper a van is much better for changing diapers with two kids under 4, I fear for anyone driving behind anything from harbor freight that you fold up and put In your condo the van go’s to campground its not a 4x4 and I already have two f250 you must be a real joy at a dinner party
I bet you’re right a van is easier for changing your diapers.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Always wanted to drive a Mercedes G63 6x6 over Oceano Dunes or Sahara Desert. $1.2m

1709585156481.png

vs. Rezvani Hercules 6x6. Starts at $300k

1709585259328.png

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Disgraceful
How so? Ripping up an old Bug was commonplace when I was young. Not like they were great cars or anything...well, great in the way they were so cheap and a person could easily repair them.

Like I said, there was a time for me when a set up like this would have fit the bill perfectly.

Reactions: npsp

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
How so? Ripping up an old Bug was commonplace when I was young. Not like they were great cars or anything...well, great in the way they were so cheap and a person could easily repair them.

Like I said, there was a time for me when a set up like this would have fit the bill perfectly.

Sacrilege.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
How often have you used that snorkel? If the water is ever higher than your stock air cleaner chances are you are going for a ride downstream if you attempt to cross it. Stupidest thing ever. Great truck though.
We had a below average rainy season ... so i didn't need it. But that didn't stop Mrs. Flyinraptr from giving me a bunch of sh!t every time we crossed a puddle on the road .... the old "good thing we have a snorkel otherwise i don't know how we would have made it across that puddle". It helps make it blend in and make it look like a local truck vs a rental being driven by a tourist and prime target for the policia and/or thieves. During the rainy season the creeks can be sketchy .... typically there is an embankment with a steep angle and a narrow crossing but they can fill up pretty quick ..... highest i've seen it so far is 3 or 4 inches above the running boards.

Reactions: Aruka