USA sells $12billion worth of F-15s to Qatar after Trump says they fund terror...

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
So does this mean we're profiting from terror now?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/qatar-buys-12b-u-s-jets-days-after-trump-says-n772691

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
you should watch this movie if you have not already:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_We_Fight_(2005_film)

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Strategically, I believe Qatar is the only muslim country that allow's our military to be based in the region. It is quite important for support of boots on the ground and support of 'friendly forces' in neighboring countries. Not that I support the politics and corporate influence of our military being in the region but if we have American forces in the region the troops deserve the best support our country can provide them.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
john4surf said:
Strategically, I believe Qatar is the only muslim country that allow's our military to be based in the region. It is quite important for support of boots on the ground and support of 'friendly forces' in neighboring countries. Not that I support the politics and corporate influence of our military being in the region but if we have American forces in the region the troops deserve the best support our country can provide them.
I don't think that's the question John. To be fair, this 12.5 billion dollar sale was initiated by the previous administration, but I think people are confused by the fact that Trump publicly claimed the government of Qatar supports terrorism within the last week, then allowed the sale to proceed anyway. It's a very odd mixed message for the President of the United States to be sending to the American public and to other nations.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
sizzld1 said:
john4surf said:
I don't think that's the question John. To be fair, this 12.5 billion dollar sale was initiated by the previous administration, but I think people are confused by the fact that Trump publicly claimed the government of Qatar supports terrorism within the last week, then allowed the sale to proceed anyway. It's a very odd mixed message for the President of the United States to be sending to the American public and to other nations.
Donald could have used the accusation to make Qatar capitulate on some part of the purchase agreement, right?

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
test_article said:
sizzld1 said:
john4surf said:
Donald could have used the accusation to make Qatar capitulate on some part of the purchase agreement, right?
Maybe. I honestly don't know enough to say either way. Still a weird message to send to the public. Seems like accusing them in private would be a better approach, but perhaps this is part of Trump's masterful deal making finally coming to light... :shrug: