updated Christenson models

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Longphish v2 seems like it’s filling the void for what us Californians may perceive the Wolverine will occupy but our waves are not often nearly as ideal.

not sure which version I felt up recently at surfysurfy, erm I mean board source, but the rocker did not seem that extreme.

foil and outline were hawt.

Last edited:

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Longphish v2 seems like it’s filling the void for what us Californians may perceive the Wolverine will occupy but our waves are not often nearly as ideal.

not sure which version I felt up recently at surfysurfy, erm I mean board source, but the rocker did not seem that extreme.

foil and outline were hawt.
It’s so pronounced you would know. Has to be the 1.0 version. the new one is rockered (or just nose flip-hard to tell) and the foam is bladed out.

Reactions: sdsrfr

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
A short Longphish 2.0 would be an absolute crowd killing weapon when some of the Central Florida breaks I frequent are bigger and doing their thing. Would love to try one.

I missed out on buying a 5'8" Surfer Rosa a couple years back. Always thought it would be a good all arounder. The 2.0 looks like a nice update.

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
So Surfer Rosa is a just a dumbed down short boar?
hole shot looks kinda interesting to me. But make it quad. Never seen one around.

shoukd be in my wheelhouse, but I remain surprisingly uninterested in a long fish
:shrug:

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Considering the performance push I think it would of been nice if he placed the fins up a little more instead of the classic keel position where the trailing edge hits the crack. I've ridden a few of these types of boards now and the ones with the fins up a little more definitely turn better while the straighter outline still has loads of drive in the design. I'm sure it goes in the right conditions, I just think the wolverine would work better in bb's and his og version better at soft points but i've never tried any of those specific models :D

aldo

Nep status
Aug 13, 2012
Bahamas
Long phish looks way too straight in the rail line to my eye.

Put some muthafucking curve in that thing so you can turn it!
I purchased an original long Phish and it was very straight and thick through the rails and tough to turn. Sold that then ordered one in Bali and asked for then to thin out the rails and give it a little more bottom curve. It turned out great. 6’8 x 20.5 x 2.5. This one turned much better than the original and still had the glide. Fun board.