Unvaxxed Kelly Slater to be denied access to Australia...( Victoria and Western Australia)

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
But didn't he say a bunch of stuff about being anti vaccination before this?

I love being reminded how people with super powers have holes in the their game.

Hot chicks and world class athletes diminish their power with every word they speak.

Reactions: tacos

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Glad to see the old Kelly is back, the guy who will do anything to win, including abandon his public position on the vax.
Wonder if he is going to feel it was worth it after getting 33rds across the board in AU. No way he has a chance anywhere but Chopes and Gland (if it is firing). JJ, ITalo, Felipe and about 15 other guys gonna stomp his old ass in any performance waves.
If he had any self respect he would have retired after pipe like an adult...instead we will get to see him lose early in events around the world on his final lap.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
It's hard to quit if you ain't loosing.
he has been losing for the last decade. Everything came together for him at pipe (including gabe didnt show up). The dignified move would be to bow out on top. I've been cheering for the guy at every contest and it has been nothing but disappointment for years now.

Reactions: sh3 and sussle

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
he has been losing for the last decade. Everything came together for him at pipe (including gabe didnt show up). The dignified move would be to bow out on top. I've been cheering for the guy at every contest and it has been nothing but disappointment for years now.
But he just won!

And he's probably still boning hot 28 year olds on the DL.

That makes you think you can do it.

I agree.

Retire and devote yourself to vaccine advice.

Reactions: menobrah

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Slater can’t help but insert himself into headlines.

what a troll.
This. If he has been vaxxed this whole time while posting about he knows more about health than drs, yaddayaddayadda… what a troll. Guy just wants to be talked about. No question he’s surfing’s GOAT. he should’ve gone out on top after pipe win with that storybook ending, but he can’t help himself. Gonna be more of the last 3 years of great moments, waves, heats, but not consistently excellent often enough to win contests (in any less than the ideal conditions like Pipe was). Happens to every elite athlete unless they can check their ego and go out on top. He has been in MJ’s Wizards phase since his foot injury.

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754 and mundus

DVR

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 8, 2011
I think the WSL makes sure he wins the title this year. Granted he needs to be up to the task, but it would good for viewership, and their bottom line.

Reactions: sh3

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
But didn't he say a bunch of stuff about being anti vaccination before this?

I love being reminded how people with super powers have holes in the their game.

Hot chicks and world class athletes diminish their power with every word they speak.
What is it they say about never meeting your heroes?

Reactions: tacos

austard

Michael Peterson status
Nov 12, 2009
State of Grace
You've just described the lower half of the top 44 of the ASP/WSL over the last 30 years...

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Maybe the guy just likes competing
and surfing the worlds best waves with only one other guy out
why judge him for not quitting what he loves doing?
This. Fuckin a.
Menobrah whynchou stop and think for a second how truly hard it is not only for a 50 year old to just surf pipe much less to actually win against a roster of the best pipe surfers alive - who are half his age. Why the f begrudge him of making the effort?
bunch of fricking unmarried marriage counselors.

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Maybe the guy just likes competing
and surfing the worlds best waves with only one other guy out
why judge him for not quitting what he loves doing?
Oh for sure. It’s his life, he certainly should follow his bliss.
I’m just speaking from the perspective of a fan of a professional athlete.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
This. Fuckin a.
Menobrah whynchou stop and think for a second how truly hard it is not only for a 50 year old to just surf pipe much less to actually win against a roster of the best pipe surfers alive - who are half his age. Why the f begrudge him of making the effort?

Repented Hoes, the absolute worse!

:cursing:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
This. Fuckin a.
I would love to see him go out on top with some dignity and grace, what else does he need to prove and to whom? Begrudge him of making the effort? At this point I feel like it is some sort of compulsive disorder with this guy, he needs the accolades from the wins like a fucking junky and they just aren't coming much anymore. Clearly even if magic unicorns intercede and he somehow wins the title this year he still wouldn't stop, he cant stop - its actually kind of disturbing. Like I said I can virtually guarantee he will finish his final year in on tour in the middle of the pack, which is a sad way to end the greatest pro career ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Rlacey111

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I would love to see him go out on top with some dignity and grace, what else does he need to prove and to whom? Begrudge him of making the effort? At this point I feel like it is some sort of compulsive disorder with this guy, he needs the accolades from the wins like a fucking junky and they just aren't coming much anymore. Clearly even if magic unicorns intercede and he somehow wins the title this year he still wouldn't stop, he cant stop - its actually kind of disturbing. Like I said I can virtually guarantee he will finish his final year in on tour in the middle of the pack, which is a sad way to end the greatest pro career ever.
Or he’s having fun surfing the best waves in the world with one other guy out and likes to compete

Grace and dignity?
Come on, man

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Or he’s having fun surfing the best waves in the world with one other guy out and likes to compete

Grace and dignity?
Come on, man
This too.
Of course it’s a compulsion. Dudes a complete competitive lunatic. But I’d way rather have him in the mix than not. It’d be sad if he was just getting beat to a pulp and kept coming back for more. But he’s not. Whether he takes the title or not - If he can stay healthy, he probably finishes his 50th year as a top ten surfer. That is straight up mind boggling.

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
Dignity? I'd like to see him compete until the bitter end, until he is removed at the cut. To make it special Kelly should tape an Oprah style interview with every surfer he competes against until then.

PPK mentioned shaking hands with Duke, how cool would it to be for a soon-to -be-replaced competitor to be memorialized in a historic video series of The GOAT's last campaign?