Twitter lol

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
This is a laughable notion. I think his lawyers are probably shitting bricks.And no, he’s not dumb. But like most of the super rich (FTX dude immediately comes to mind), I don’t think he’s as smart as he fancies himself either. Sounds like he’s pretty well surrounding himself with a lot of yes men lately. That rarely ends well.
You seem very strident. What is bothering you so much about Musk's takeover over of the bird app?

Reactions: Ifallalot

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
You seem very strident. What is bothering you so much about Musk's takeover over of the bird app?
I don’t think I’m terribly strident, but I’m surely pretty bothered. Because as someone whose career has long relied on chasing facts and facing real consequences if I so much as get a name spelling wrong, the misinformation shitshow he’s unleashed is both tragic and hilarious. I generally don’t trust the demagogic.

Reactions: Waterlogged05

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I don’t think I’m terribly strident, but I’m surely pretty bothered. Because as someone whose career has long relied on chasing facts and facing real consequences if I so much as get a name spelling wrong, the misinformation shitshow he’s unleashed is both tragic and hilarious. I generally don’t trust the demagogic.
Seems like you suffer a celebration parallax - you were fine with the Twitter misinformation sht1tshow under the old owners. The difference in misinformation under new owners is chromatic rather than one of degree.

Reactions: freeride76

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Seems like you suffer a celebration parallax - you were fine with the Twitter misinformation sht1tshow under the old owners. The difference in misinformation under new owners is chromatic rather than one of degree.
As someone who strives to get his news from - and to provide reporting from reliable sources, i don’t discriminate against misinformation. if your reliable sources are folks like Dr Oz, we probably don’t have much to talk about. I ain’t a perfect vessel, but I tend to dislike egotistical pricks who are certain they know more than they likely do. Musk Fits that bill.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
General American Weapons makes weapons, then employs people to sell them to various countries. If a country can't afford the weapons, politicians are influenced, and our tax money is given to that country, so they can buy the weapons. This is great job creation and is a net positive for everyone.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Yeah that's where we're at these days with goose and gander back and forth. 24/7
I can't believe so many ppl are so bent off of this. It's the internet. It's an eccentric doing stuff to raise eyebrows. A modern soap opera and not even a good one.

Reactions: keenfish

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
pretty sure he has to break it down to rebuild it, under his leadership twitter will someday grow to be the 10billion dollar company it was meant to be.....and he only had to spend 44 thousand, master stroke.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluemarlin04

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I think we all know social media isn’t going anywhere and no platform like Twitter exists.

No one even really uses Facebook for engagement with celebs or professionals and IG is more pictures.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I think we all know social media isn’t going anywhere and no platform like Twitter exists.

No one even really uses Facebook for engagement with celebs or professionals and IG is more pictures.
I think Twitter will be out of business by next year and they will have Jack Ma'd Musk. Starlink's constellations will have burnt-up upon re-entry and Falcon rockets will blow up on the launch pad. Zuck may have to get a real job given META's stock price trajectory.

Update: the days of adult daycare are coming to an end at Twitter. Product managers will have to buy their own food. Quite a few probably need to skip a meal.

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
pretty sure he has to break it down to rebuild it, under his leadership twitter will someday grow to be the 10billion dollar company it was meant to be.....and he only had to spend 44 million, master stroke.
unless I am missing something, he spent 44 billion.

i'm not a musk fanboi but i generally wouldn't bet against him being able to buy a company and make it profitable since that's basically what he does. still, this does not seem to be going very well.

i must admit though he almost had me sold on the $8 checkmark. that sh1t was lit while it lasted.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Elon Musk is probably doing shots, popping adderalls and having the peak time of his life for maybe ~16% of his personal fortune. He can probably write it all off come out on top financially. The only bummer is the shelf life of this kind of entertainment. Enjoy it while it lasts.

LarryTate

Nep status
May 7, 2012
I think Twitter will be out of business by next year and they will have Jack Ma'd Musk. Starlink's constellations will have burnt-up upon re-entry and Falcon rockets will blow up on the launch pad. Zuck may have to get a real job given META's stock price trajectory.

Update: the days of adult daycare are coming to an end at Twitter. Product managers will have to buy their own food. Quite a few probably need to skip a meal.
Not feeding your employees free lunch is now "starving" them? Never worked for a company that has provided free lunch before and somehow I've managed to get to a point where I could lose a good 10-15 lbs easy.

Why is this the exact kind of genius thinking I'd expect from someone who has "Activist" and "Gay AF" in their profile (like Mr. Andrew Wortman)?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This is a laughable notion. I think his lawyers are probably shitting bricks.And no, he’s not dumb. But like most of the super rich (FTX dude immediately comes to mind), I don’t think he’s as smart as he fancies himself either. Sounds like he’s pretty well surrounding himself with a lot of yes men lately. That rarely ends well.
FTX was used as money laundering by the DNC

That stupid dipshit was a useful idiot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That's exactly it though. Twitter is not held to journalistic standards and it shouldn't be either

Too many journalists and other bloocheks fell into this same trap.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
That's exactly it though. Twitter is not held to journalistic standards and it shouldn't be either

Too many journalists and other bloocheks fell into this same trap.
I'm not saying it should be held to journalistic standards. But when it comes to you or me being able to impersonate people/companies -- while it's hilarious -- there's also a real potential danger there. What's your fallback as a typical citizen or small business if someone spoofs you and that ends up doing real damage to your reputation or endangers you or your family? Elon has $$ and lawyers. Most of us don't.