Twinzer Feedback?

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
@ghostshaper
If I was going to order from anyone, it would probably be from Vince

and shout out to Dane Perlee. I reached out to Dane to ask a couple questions about fin placement on IG. He said hang on....
next day he sent me a dm breaking down pretty much all his numbers. Crazy
Rob Lyon also very inspirational with helping me explore fin placement

Last edited:

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
I would also consider what you're ultimately after in the board. Some of the listed shapers have a traditional vibe to their boards, others can angle towards a more modern interpretation

Reactions: Aruka

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Broglio's Twinzers seem to use the whole Fusion plug instead of plug cut in half.

Advantages/Disadvantages?

Cheers

@ghostshaper
@need 4 speed
It’s an easier simpler way to install the the plugs. Half Fusions take more time to layout And you need a filler plug. Vince likes to run his canards ahead of the mains a bit more than most. I’ve adopted this on my own boards.

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
It’s an easier simpler way to install the the plugs. Half Fusions take more time to layout And you need a filler plug. Vince likes to run his canards ahead of the mains a bit more than most. I’ve adopted this on my own boards.
So that means less overlap? What are the effects of that?

Appreciate you answering my newbie twinzer questions

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
@bigglesworth
Yes I have a gap of about 5/8 " from main leading edge to canard trailing edge. I make my own fins, so I have canards with different "tang" position to adjust the gap.
As to why... That a hydrodynamic theory discussion about what the canard does (or doesn't do). My fin position is far off from traditional twinzers generally speaking

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Anyone riding step up twinzers? I was gonna do one but chickened out n went w a thruster. Used for slabby spots n was worried a twinzer might be too squirrely

Last edited:

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
I made myself a 6-5 step up and a 6-8 semi. the 6-5 is an awesome board that I love riding above shoulder high. Some of over lap with my 6-2. Haven't ridden the 6-8, I don't chase big-ish waves anymore. My fin position has developed overtime to suit my desired feel, which is not squirrely. I primarily use Greg's template that I scaled up to 5 3/8"h x 5 1/8"b, the 6-5 I'm using Liv3minds template @ 5 3/8"h x 5"b. I call it my Pivot template, far less raked than GG's but works great with the rail line