Twinzer Feedback?

Dec 11, 2021
I’m curious why you think belly in the those will reduce pushing water? It seems it it would do the opposite.
Guess the through is that it will help with displacing the water at paddling speeds and help with the nose releasing when it begins planing. I have had trouble in the past with boards sticking a little just before takeoff. A friend mentioned that that a little lift near the rails at the nose can make all the difference.

[/QUOTE]
Separate question- are you in Italy?
[/QUOTE]

And afraid not, I'm in bonny Scotland! I have italian heritage, hence the name.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
FYI:
Picked up one of these a couple months ago. Its a 1/4" thick machined aluminum. Super stable when routing. Same size as the FCS 1/2 Fusion people make...OR he has made plugs with the guy from Liv3. New design, havent had any failures like the Liv3 plugs. I think he said they're the ones Album was using in the couple twinzers they had up.

1699630525201.png

Nov 16, 2023
Just got my first twinzer. 6’0 shiitake. It came with panda nvs twinzer set. Anyone give these a go or any of the nvs twinzers ? They seem stiffer than all hell.

Reactions: chilly1

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Just got my first twinzer. 6’0 shiitake. It came with panda nvs twinzer set. Anyone give these a go or any of the nvs twinzers ? They seem stiffer than all hell.
Curious, intuitively I would think this set up would pretty loose. Especially set in the 8 1/2" range

Reactions: ghostshaper

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
G10 fins are stiff, and I picked up a sh!t akee mid length, I gave it a good try, even switched up with the SK twinzers from that I had from a different board, I can usually find something that I like about a surfboard, not this one, total dog. Bummer

Nov 16, 2023
Curious, intuitively I would think this set up would pretty loose. Especially set in the 8 1/2" range
I’ll let ya know how it goes. I haven’t gotten it wet yet. Just judging by the fin material alone they have almost no flex !

Nov 16, 2023
G10 fins are stiff, and I picked up a sh!t akee mid length, I gave it a good try, even switched up with the SK twinzers from that I had from a different board, I can usually find something that I like about a surfboard, not this one, total dog. Bummer
Yikes. Mines a 6’0 it was a really good deal at frog house. Was hoping to use it for better surf. did ya sell it off ?

Reactions: chilly1

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I took a 5'10" Shiitake HP out for a demo yesterday at Camp Shred and really liked it. I actually wanted to keep sarfing, but a buddy's son's band was playing at 2:15. After a few Wings & Arrow IPA's I was not wanting to put a wet wettie back on.

The bort had FCSII and FCS original canards. Blake said the fins should be on FCS' site in the next week or so. I only caught frontside waves (lefts down at the south end of the event), but really liked how roundhouses felt, plus a few lip tappy's.

Nov 16, 2023
I took a 5'10" Shiitake HP out for a demo yesterday at Camp Shred and really liked it. I actually wanted to keep sarfing, but a buddy's son's band was playing at 2:15. After a few Wings & Arrow IPA's I was not wanting to put a wet wettie back on.

The bort had FCSII and FCS original canards. Blake said the fins should be on FCS' site in the next week or so. I only caught frontside waves (lefts down at the south end of the event), but really liked how roundhouses felt, plus a few lip tappy's.
lip tappy and roundhouse is mostly what I’m looking for out of this bort. How big are ya ?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Surfed with a guy on my recent trip who had a bunch of kool-aid shapes. Burch picklefork, Album Twinsman, etc. He wasn't a super ripper but he surfed noticeably better on the Shiitake HP than the other boards.

Reactions: Buck_86

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
I had a 6.4 hp and a 6.8 as a mid. Both had glass on canards and used the Captain fin company Panda set for the main fins. Perfect for it.

Reactions: Buck_86

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
How did the 6'8" Shiitake go? Could you still turn it? What kind of waves /size did it prefer?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
General question here. What's the tail rocker look like on your twinzers?

Ward Coffee told me he likes to build them with pretty low tail rocker. I didn't quite click with them and am wondering if that was part of the reason.

Is there something about the fin set-up that works best with a lower tail rocker?

Could I take my favorite rocker with some tail flip and slap a twinzer set on it.........or would that not work?