Twinzer Feedback?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
@jkb
How is that red Twinzer working out?
Sadly, I've only had it out a couple of times.

1 surf was in conditions with a good wall and some constant push. Board felt really good in that scenario.

Another session was in a wave with some size but the shoulder had some weak flat spots. It felt like it slowed down considerably in those sections when compared to my asyms.

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
Sadly, I've only had it out a couple of times.

1 surf was in conditions with a good wall and some constant push. Board felt really good in that scenario.

Another session was in a wave with some size but the shoulder had some weak flat spots. It felt like it slowed down considerably in those sections when compared to my asyms.

Well look on the bright side..

It's still getting more use than that mountain bike ... :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: jkb

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
WHat's the typical placement rang on the mains on a twinzer? Maybe it's the rear placed twins I keep looking at but they all seem pretty far forward.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
@silentbutdeadly I'm typically 6 3/4-7" on short board (I think Greg is back a bit from there) But it's a matter of desired feel. On a fish you might want a slightly forward placement given where you turn from( for the most part) HPSB probably back is better for most given our thruster muscle memory
Fin template is another variable, my preference is a fin with rake, for my "style". I frequently use a slightly more upright template on boards with channels, as there is some affect from them( + longer rail line, RP, etc.)

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Never ridden a twinzer. Genuine question: if the twin boxes are placed further back (GG-approved, currently popular), doesn't this eliminate much of the need for canards? Isn't that basically a different way to add control to previously skatey twins?
:shrug: