Twins in paradise!

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Best board test, and in mind blowing surf pretty much ever here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Very good surfing in incredible waves. Can't believe how he can get away with surfing such tiny boards.

Reactions: bluengreen

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
It was interesting to see which boards he was able to surf in the pocket and which boards he almost exclusively did open face carves on..fun video to watch. This isnt a board test though, just an advertisment. There was not one critical comment about any of the boards, he just repeated the positive script with each board...noel salsa style.

Reactions: ReForest

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
It was interesting to see which boards he was able to surf in the pocket and which boards he almost exclusively did open face carves on..fun video to watch. This isnt a board test though, just an advertisment. There was not one critical comment about any of the boards, he just repeated the positive script with each board...noel salsa style.
There's negatives in there depending on how you surf or want to surf or what size waves you are targeting.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
thats some noel salsa doublespeak there. An actual review of these boards would clearly discuss what didn't work for william, as well as what did. Like I said, just saying the good makes it an advertisement for the brands… which I am fine with - I watched the whole thing…but lets not kid ourselves about it.

Reactions: sdsrfr and sh3

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
thats some noel salsa doublespeak there. An actual review of these boards would clearly discuss what didn't work for william, as well as what did. Like I said, just saying the good makes it an advertisement for the brands… which I am fine with - I watched the whole thing…but lets not kid ourselves about it.
But it wasn't "an actual review", was it? Just a very talented guy surfing different boards. I think the discerning viewer could extract all the answers just from watching.

Last edited:

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
I volunteer to test 000’s twins
Longer leaner lines are usually best for straight railing speed and a bit of carving, most often found ridden in exotic locales.

Curvier options are more about hot dogging and putting yourself into radical positions. Those types are usually associated with spontaneous bursts of speed and shorter rides. You'll find those most often ridden at your local beachbreak. Sometimes during a flat spell, you might have to go with more volume.

As always, everyone develops different preferences so you may want to experiment a bit to know what they are. That is the best reference for future choices or settling in on one design. And just because 10 guys or some "pro" says it was good or bad for them doesn't mean it will be the same for you.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I'm feeling asymmetrical curious, one blonde and one brunette.
Curvier options are more about hot dogging and putting yourself into radical positions. Those types are usually associated with spontaneous bursts of speed and shorter rides. You'll find those most often ridden at your local beachbreak. Sometimes during a flat spell, you might have to go with more volume.
the local choice:confused:
5jr5zw.png