Tucker Carlson - NOT DONE

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The guy is obviously pandering to the idiot base. Who believes that Ivy league educated silver spoon Dbag who was a regular at elite Manhattan Cocktail parties does not believe in Evolution? Tuck was so connected to thew "LIBRUL ELITE" he begged Hunter Biden for a college recommendation for his kid. Of course the rubes have no idea they are being played.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Catch-22s abound. I don't think for a second Rogan would have 1/20th of his audience if he did what you are suggesting - the two are mutually exclusive.

His goal isn't intellectualism. It's a breeze-shoot with da boys.
With that huge audience and big payday, he's also vulnerable to audience capture.

Even if he doesn't want it overtly.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You're expecting something that the Rogan podcast is not meant to be

Are you actually pining for talking heads screaming at each other? Or are you looking for the 1960s guys smoking cigarettes in suits having a conversation?
These guys are the carpet bagger snake oil salesmen of our times setting up their wagons on the edge of town.

"Gather around my friends"

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Covid ruined JR. Not that his interviews were anything special but he would at least have some interesting people on. Now when those guests come on it just turns into an unprovoked never forget (tm) rant whether the guest wants it or not.

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
If Rogan would just stay in his lane very few people would have a problem with him. When he pontificates idiotically on serious topics to his gullible audience without taking any journalistic responsibility is where the problems arises.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You're expecting something that the Rogan podcast is not meant to be

Are you actually pining for talking heads screaming at each other? Or are you looking for the 1960s guys smoking cigarettes in suits having a conversation?
I think it's funny how people ascribe some sort of academic patina to the affair when it is nothing more than bros being bros

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Covid ruined JR. Not that his interviews were anything special but he would at least have some interesting people on. Now when those guests come on it just turns into an unprovoked never forget (tm) rant whether the guest wants it or not.
Sounds like another case of people not liking to be reminded of how wrong they were

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
which is why he is the biggest failure in modern american media, IMO

someone with an audience that no one has ever been able to capture and yet he squanders the opportunity to elevate discourse by simply pandering to its basest instincts

it's pathetic

I think the people that cling to Joe are also fools because they know they are getting a watered down version of a topic and don't seem the least bit bothered by the superficiality of it all

Rogan is to intellectualism what the WWE is to greco-roman wrestling
i agree for the most part..usualy im tuneing in for people like snoop dogg and dave chappelle. those are entertaining episodes, superficiality be damned. when he has someone on thats smarter than him - it all goes to sh!t cuz he doesnt want to sound stupid IMO.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
when he has someone on thats smarter than him - it all goes to sh!t cuz he doesnt want to sound stupid IMO.
I agree . . . . But IMO even more so becusss he can’t communicate at their level. Especially when he gets hardcore physicists on there

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
i agree for the most part..usualy im tuneing in for people like snoop dogg and dave chappelle. those are entertaining episodes, superficiality be damned. when he has someone on thats smarter than him - it all goes to sh!t cuz he doesnt want to sound stupid IMO.
The times he had epidemiologists and sh!t on and they dunked on him, he asked his producer to google stuff and took the L in a pretty standup fashion. Not to say he didn't turn around next time someone wanted to Never Forget, but plenty of hosts wouldn't even brook that degree of dissent, much less ask for receipts and accept correction.

Rogan could probably have an extremely technical/advanced/highbrow podcast about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. But just like very few people want to watch two guys clinched and rolling for 5 minutes vs MacGregor insta-KO'ing some dude and starting a battle royale, most people don't want to hear about interval training for underhooks or whatever.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
“The vaccine will make you a dead end for the virus”
-Not Rogan

Rogan and his guests said that the vaccine would mutate and make vaccines ineffective. Amazing how a dumb meathead got it right instead of a “scientist”
That always happens with a corona virus.

It's not like Rogan made some new discovery.