Trump Proposes Cutting All Funds for PBS/NPR

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
GromsDad said:
Fecal thinking Hillary was a right of center candidate tells you all you need to know. No wonder he thinks NPR is unbiased.
Besides the identity politics nonsense she was peddling, HRC was a right wing candidate. She would have made a great Neocon

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
Fecal thinking Hillary was a right of center candidate tells you all you need to know. No wonder he thinks NPR is unbiased.
Besides the identity politics nonsense she was peddling, HRC was a right wing candidate. She would have made a great Neocon
GromsDad won't have it - if he agrees, it means his NPR analogy is wrong too. That'd just be toooo much for him to deal with.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm ROFLMAOing at everybody here who thinks NPR/PBS is politically "Neutral" :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I actually watched the election on PBS. I was out of town for work and at my cheapskate buddy's house who does not cable, and PBS was the only channel he could pick up on the antenna. I also I followed along "in real time" on my phone. Right off the bat, I noticed that PBS lagged behind other news outlets on displaying which states went to Trump compared to Google, CNN, etc.

As the night went on and states steadily fell to Trump, I was keeping a running tally in my head of the remaining states, realizing that Hillary's chances of winning were getting progressively slimmer with every passing 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, my buddy is doing the Lloyd Christmas "One in a Million? So you're saying their's a chance . . .. . " :roflmao: routine. PBS continued to lag with keeping an updated tally on the electoral map, and the anchors were acting COMPLETELY oblivious, and willfully ignorant, to the fact that Trump was about to win. They refused to address the elephant in the room that was unfolding in front of their eyes.

If PBS were neutral, would they seriously have done such a shiat job of narrating the election :confused2: It was pathetic. Anyone with 7th grade math skills and a basic understanding of the electoral college system would have seen that Trump had won. Yet they sat at their podium with the their dicks in their hands acting like it was not happening. Doesn't sound neutral to me, especially since it is their job to report what is actually happening. Sad!

That being sad, I'm an avid listener. NPR/PBS bias will vary based on their donorship. KQED out of San Francisco is pretty biased to the left- do you really think they would get the donations needed without pandering to the local political climate :confused2: :foreheadslap: :roflmao: :beer:

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
StuAzole said:
BillyOcean said:
People will only continue to get dumber as more things become automated and there is constant stimulation reducing attention spans

Trump showed that well thought out policy doesn’t matter

Trump wins based on instinct

He is not a calculating manipulator

But there are calculating manipulators who are watching and learning from trump

Again it is unfortunate that we are where we are

But trump is mild compared to what is coming if the establishment doesn’t open its eyes
People are smarter today than they were 100 years ago and it's not close.

That doesn't mean most people are smart.

And Trump "wins" despite his instinct. His instinct is probably more responsible for his numerous bankruptcies.
How many people today could survive a week without electricity, heat, AC, running water, Internet? Vs 100 yrs ago?

Dumber by the day

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
BillyOcean said:
test_article said:
BillyOcean said:
The symbolism of destroying elite shibboleths will resonate to trumps favor
I will remind you of this post.
Is this like calling your shot in billiards?
It's more like you defining me as elite because I appreciate CPB-funded programming. True, they do like to highlight American progress, but it is written by the winners, not the whiners.

Shibboleth, huh? :applause2:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Trump already has in minions in his choir.

He needs to preach to the middle who voted for him.

Losing them will be one of the reasons he loses the next election.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
Supreme Court and fiscal policy were not right wing either, at least by neocon standards.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Autoprax said:

Trump guys are offering up their wives though. Maybe the women will fetch his balls when they go unplayable.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Sharkbiscuit said:
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
Supreme Court and fiscal policy were not right wing either, at least by neocon standards.
Deficit-wise Donald is Hillary's puppet.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Sharkbiscuit said:
ifallalot said:
GromsDad said:
The psychopath Clintons believe in paying teachers a living salary.

The conservatives would like to abolish education if they could.

She may be a psychopath but she's my psychopath!

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
BillyOcean said:
StuAzole said:
BillyOcean said:
People will only continue to get dumber as more things become automated and there is constant stimulation reducing attention spans

But trump is mild compared to what is coming if the establishment doesn’t open its eyes

And Trump "wins" despite his instinct. His instinct is probably more responsible for his numerous bankruptcies.
How many people today could survive a week without electricity, heat, AC, running water, Internet? Vs 100 yrs ago?

Dumber by the day
I don't really think the ability to rely on technology is a measure of intelligence one way or another, but you're right that people are less self-reliant than they were back in the day.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Autoprax said:

All indications are that he has lost enough voters to doom a second term.

He still has time to reverse the downtrend though. :drowning: :rockin:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
BillyOcean said:
StuAzole said:
BillyOcean said:

Dumber by the day
That has nothing to do with being smart. The world was set up to survive with the technology they had (just like today) - so homes had wood-burning stoves, wells etc. If you took away their technology, they'd have been screwed too. At a minimum, if you took away our current infrastructure but replaced it with that from 100 years ago, we'd all survive.

Flip side - if they were so smart back then, why didn't they have heat and electricity?

How many people from 100 years ago could have survived a week 2,500 years ago?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
test_article said:
Autoprax said:

All indications are that he has lost enough voters to doom a second term.

He still has time to reverse the downtrend though. :drowning: :rockin:
Putin will have to step it up for him.