Trumby found out that Russia was offering bounties to kill U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.....

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
"U.S. officials intercepted electronic data showing large financial transfers from a bank account controlled by Russia’s military intelligence agency to a Taliban-linked account" - this seems too neatly bundled up

maybe the Russians completely slipped up and used an easily traceable method, but that seems pretty far fetched to me

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
From your own New York Slimes article: "according to multiple officials familiar with the matter."

That's the article my post was referring to. I read through the entire article. NOWHERE in the article does the Slimes name the .....you know ....supposed "officials" it they were referring to. The Slimes could have said that "officials" said the moon is made out of cheese. It would still be..........

Bullshit.

But leftists like you would swallow it hook, line and slimy sinker.

Bullshit.
Then read WSJ. Read AP News. Read Reuters! It’s been confirmed by multiple sources.

But you won’t because you have your head fully up Trump’s malignant, lying ass.

Reactions: hal9000 and mundus

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Then read WSJ. Read AP News. Read Reuters! It’s been confirmed by multiple sources.

But you won’t because you have your head fully up Trump’s malignant, lying ass.

I don't care if a thousand news articles repeat the same lie. It's still a lie UNTIL SOMEONE DOCUMENTS A SOURCE for the information.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I don't care if a thousand news articles repeat the same lie. It's still a lie UNTIL SOMEONE DOCUMENTS A SOURCE for the information.
Unless it conforms to your own personal beliefs. Then it's true no matter what. It's called "confirmation bias", and it's pretty common.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
How do you know it's a lie if you don't know the source?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
"U.S. officials intercepted electronic data showing large financial transfers from a bank account controlled by Russia’s military intelligence agency to a Taliban-linked account" - this seems too neatly bundled up

maybe the Russians completely slipped up and used an easily traceable method, but that seems pretty far fetched to me
Russia expert, Julie Ioffe stresses that Putin is not a super criminal.

They just crudely throw sh!t at the wall to see what stick.

It's a mistake to see Putin as a master mind.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Not everyone can be an expert money launderer like you, bro.

But I do like the idea that this is a HOAX to bring down the Donster.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Not everyone can be an expert money launderer like you, bro.

But I do like the idea that this is a HOAX to bring down the Donster.
I'm not saying it is a hoax, maybe it is sloppy or mistaken reporting

apparently a bunch of people were arrested over there stemming from the investigation around this thing

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I'm not saying it is a hoax, maybe it is sloppy or mistaken reporting

apparently a bunch of people were arrested over there stemming from the investigation around this thing
How about it is true, it fits Trumps documented pattern of behavior. Possible?

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
How about it is true, it fits Trumps documented pattern of behavior. Possible?
possible that the Russians were paying bounties to kill Americans - yes

possible that Trump is lying about knowing about that - yes

possible that the Russians were stupid enough to transfer large sums of money from an obvious bank account to a Taliban linked account - seems like a stretch to me

unless whoever leaked this just blew up a bunch of our sources and methods to prove a point

Reactions: mundus

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Don't hate the leak

Hate the leaker!

Prove that this is a "leak" and not just an outright lie? STILL, NO SOURCE HAS BEEN NAMED.

A reputable news outlet would not issue such an article without naming a source.

It's bullshit. The Pentagon said it's bullshit.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
How do you know it's a lie if you don't know the source?

The pentagon says they can't confirm the story's veracity. Until they do confirm its veracity I have to look to the article's source.

And gee, no source is named.

It's a lie.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Time will NOT tell. If the New York Slimes had a source they should have and would have named it. Then these articles impugning the Slimes' veracity would not take place.

Until the Times names a source are we just supposed to assume that it's true? Bullshit. Until the Slimes names a source the article is......

Bullshit.