Treasure island?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
To me, it looks tricky.

Because it seems slopey in some parts, almondy in others, and squared up elsewhere.

I dunno what it is, just something about it seems like it could draw you in with kindness but next thing you know your trip is over.

Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
To me, it looks tricky.

Because it seems slopey in some parts, almondy in others, and squared up elsewhere.

I dunno what it is, just something about it seems like it could draw you in with kindness but next thing you know your trip is over.
thought the same, it definitely looks tricky and I know the earth quake raised the reef there.
also heard it’s a diff beast with any swell.

Has anyone here surfed it?

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
Beware of "the claw". It was the only anomly of the reef when I was there in 2015. I got greedy on my backhand there in 2015 and still have the head scar to remember. Thank god for "the chinese" red sauce. All that mercury in the blend clotted up my wound and only kept me out for the afternoon session.

Insanely beautiful bay and set up. Broke a leash during one session and scurried up the reef to retrieve my board. There was a good sized reef shark stuck in a pool at low tide thrashing around. You'll love it.

• Love
Reactions: santacruzin