Transgender woman to compete in Miss Universe for the first time ever.....

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
grapedrink said:
Hey if you say it accidentally, that's fine.

But you seem to have a problem with wanting to say it.
My point is that it's not a realistic expectation. Most of us have been spending decades speaking a certain way. To all of a sudden remember to use the words "ze" and "hir", words that were made up and added to the English language a small, self-appointed minority of people, is absurd.

It's not the same as learning that certain derogatory words, many of which have always been offensive, are no longer socially acceptable to use. We are talking about pronouns that have been engrained into our language for 100s, if not 1000s of years.
So is calling people ni99ers and faggots. For 100s of years.

Language is a living breathing thing and so is society and its rules.

Sure, grandpas still call black people negroes and it's kind of cute.

If you want to be that guy, that's fine with me.

I'd rather adapt. Saying words instead of other words is not a major hussle for me. :foreheadslap:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Get over yourselves. If you call someone a pronoun that they find incorrect... So what, if you were not trying to insult them.
Maybe they will say I prefer______ and then you can say, oh ok while muttering to yourself how there is no way I will remember that.
If that person is offended that's when you can tell them a real insult.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The way to equalize the pronoun game is to simply drop all pronouns. We can all be an "it".

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
False equivalency, again. Seems to be your specialty.

There are no situations where the words n!gger and f@ggot are woven and embedded into the daily dialogue of normal people, nor are there situations where saying those words are appropriate.

He, she, her, him etc are perfectly acceptable and appropriate words when used with 99.9% of the people on this planet in our day-to-day language. The vast majority of us wouldn't accidentally say "hey n!gger!" to a black person, but to regularly remember to use "ze" or "hir" in the handful of encounters we have with some gender non-binary is a whole nother can o worms.

Unless you interact with someone on a regular basis who preferred those pronouns, can you honestly say you would know when to use them and remember to use them 9+ times out of 10 :confused2:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
heelnipstr said:
Get over yourselves.
You're the one getting worked up over all the new gender pronouns. Which pronoun should we use with you :confused2: I'll do my best to remember, I promise :computer:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
grapedrink said:
heelnipstr said:
Get over yourselves.
You're the one getting worked up over all the new gender pronouns. Which pronoun should we use with you :confused2: I'll do my best to remember, I promise :computer:
you take this place far to seriously. which ever pronoun you choose I am fine with, thanks for your pronoun sensitivities though.
I bet if we all shared such sentimentality ...

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
grapedrink said:
False equivalency, again. Seems to be your specialty.

There are no situations where the words n!gger and f@ggot are woven and embedded into the daily dialogue of normal people, nor are there situations where saying those words are appropriate.

He, she, her, him etc are perfectly acceptable and appropriate words when used with 99.9% of the people on this planet in our day-to-day language. The vast majority of us wouldn't accidentally say "hey n!gger!" to a black person, but to regularly remember to use "ze" or "hir" in the handful of encounters we have with some gender non-binary is a whole nother can o worms.

Unless you interact with someone on a regular basis who preferred those pronouns, can you honestly say you would know when to use them and remember to use them 9+ times out of 10 :confused2:
Am I missing something here?

Do you HAVE to do this with EVERYONE you ever meet?

I'll use this metaphor again, if you meet someone and they say hey my name is Skyler but I prefer you call me Steve, would you insist on calling him Skyler?

It's so fvcking easy not to offend people

Why insist on doing it?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
FecalFace said:
grapedrink said:
FecalFace said:
Kento said:
Goddamn it's so easy with the pronouns. It is he, she, and it.
Right?
So "it" is ok? That's easy. Why all the "ze" "hir" nonsense :confused2: :foreheadslap:
You are outraged about the fringe crap as usual

If I meet someone and they say call me "ze", I'll call them fvcking ze.

How hard is that?
Cause its a make believe word. On par with saying hi to their imaginary friend :poke:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
grapedrink said:
FecalFace said:
grapedrink said:
FecalFace said:
Kento said:
Right?
So "it" is ok? That's easy. Why all the "ze" "hir" nonsense :confused2: :foreheadslap:

How hard is that?
Cause its a make believe word. On par with saying hi to their imaginary friend :poke:

So the entire thing is about petty, trivial matters and spitefulness.

Sad.

At least we've got to the bottom of it.

You must be fun at parties.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
grapedrink said:
FecalFace said:
grapedrink said:
FecalFace said:
Kento said:
Right?

How hard is that?
all words are make believe, they are just a shared agreed upon fantasy. There is no substance to these shapes and or sounds which are sequenced in a certain order to represent something. They cease being symbols without another person who shares the same belief. They can not exist as conveyors of meaning independently.

fyi cause is not a real word. use the contraction 'cause if you are lazy.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
grapedrink said:
You must be fun at parties.
:roflmao:
Yeah, because sanctimonious PC warriors like yourself are such a blast to hang out with :trout:
I'm not petty or spiteful with strangers who have done nothing to me.

If a Richard doesn't want to be called Dick, I won't call him Dick.

So yeah I'm a pretty fun guy. :dancing:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
This issues involves the assumption of mutual exclusivity.

I'm all for socially engaging but when people try to institutionalize this stuff I can't help but scoff.

I'm usually not fun at parties but there have been nights when I have been so on.

People, myself included, will be like, Who is this guy?

The next day, I'm back to being a creep.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I've never worked in institutions so don't know what that's like but I can't see anybody enforcing this.

There will always people who will keep calling them mentaly I'll, instead of ze.

I was only kidding about being fun at parties.

I could never do small talk with strangers.

I'm usually there just for the snacks.