Tomo - The Futurist

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
A lot of people get hung up on the appearance of your boards. Do you like how your boards look?

Initially, it wasn’t about the aesthetic, but once you start to associate a certain look with a certain sensation while surfing, then it becomes really attractive.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Regardless of whether you like his board designs or theory on what a HP surfboard should be .... have to admire the effort and persistence he has put pursuing his dreams. Getting a lot of publicity now but it didn't happen over night - I'm sure he faced a lot of days wondering if it was all worth it and soldiered on nonetheless.

apsmith

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 3, 2005
sin diego
http://btl-borntolose.blogspot.com/2010/06/from-pen-to-press.html

He's been at it a while alright. I wrote about him for The Surfer's Path quite a few years ago now.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Remove 2” from center width - add wing - Sci Fi template

Multiple full length concaves later 70's : Jim Pollard

The ones we made were 4 across - there is a poster here that has seen these back then .

Dan will create a whole new market for many shapers world wide .

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Didn't love the 5'6 Nano I had, liking the 5'3 EVO, but lovin' the 5'4 Vader. That's my current Indo step-up! HAHA!

Wish he was offering the Hydronaut through Firewire. It's exactly what I need, but it'll cost a fortune to get it here through XTR. I guess that's his current version of the planing/displacement hybrid he's talking about. That thing just looks beautiful and fun.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I usually kinda hate on people getting all the hype, but he seems genuine, passionate and dedicated to his mission.
Plus, his boards do make you surf better. Some of my best turns ever were on a Nano and Evo.