Tomo MPH

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I finally got caught by the wifey not being totally transparent about the cost of my borts. I knew she had around a $500 figure in her head and liked keeping her in the dark. A local high school surf coach was checking out my carbon Varial last week when I was walking home with my wife and he said it looked sick, but couldn't justify paying $1400 for a bort. Even though I had used 25% of for that particular purchase, I had some splaining to do. Thanks Buddy!

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
my new gf knows exactly what they all cost but she has an expensive taste in wine and shoes so it all evens out.

In the past I have been in the hide the new board club, not a fun spot at all.
‘my ex wife used to sh!t a brick about $450-500 customs, she would 100% murder me if we were still together

dark arts?? Wtf? Get out! Hahaha

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I finally got caught by the wifey not being totally transparent about the cost of my borts. I knew she had around a $500 figure in her head and liked keeping her in the dark. A local high school surf coach was checking out my carbon Varial last week when I was walking home with my wife and he said it looked sick, but couldn't justify paying $1400 for a bort. Even though I had used 25% of for that particular purchase, I had some splaining to do. Thanks Buddy!
:oops: What a donkey dick. Thanks a lot coach!!!

I am in the exact same boat. Wife thinks its around $700. If I told $1,500 she'd lose her sh!t. Especially since we are supposed to be saving for my sons car. Come to think of it, I can't tell anyone in my household or I'm dead!

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Coach needs to get burned on every wave for the next year

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
My wife doesn’t care what boars cost. She tracks vacancies and a vague one in one out policy.

the last board I sold I didnt let the guy leave. I kept lowering the price until he took it away.

I was close to telling duuu I had a board in my truck waiting to bring inside and he was gonna leave with a board no matter what.

spend a few thousand on an actual wood table and I have decent bandwidth for my toys.

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Thanks a lot Tucker!:cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: JDJ

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Wife and I don't have 100 percent joint finances so my play money is my play money. She knows how much they are.

She didn't grasp the expense of my fishing tackle though but I quickly reminded her that we have a freezer stoked with fish :)
WTF. I never seen any secret fish freezer! My demo rates just went up to 1 tuna belly per boar per week. LOL

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Assumed it was him bc he would always ask about my DA quiv when he was still at the shop

Dang it Brian…learn the code!
I should have learned when he brought up my daughter's name to one of the kids on his team when they were beginning to talk. She was mortified when it got back down the hill to RUHS.

• Wow
Reactions: waxurDyl