Tomo MPH

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
XTR would be sort of competitor for his AUS brand.
Not really though, XTR's tech (as I understand it) is wildly different than his basic bitch EPS he uses here. In Aus he uses bread n butter EPS blank & carbon strips.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I’ve had many XTRs (and I am big fan of the tech and that company), but I really liked Dan’s eps build in Aus and thought it was very high quality. Would def buy and ride again.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Have you never ridden a vader/deathstar/vanguard in larger waves before?
No - never. The Vader came out when I was still a "beginner" surfer and I didn't ride it in those type of conditions.
I've been wanted to ride your deathstar in some larger waves, but i was always waiting for the right conditions (because the volume is so low). I wanted a nice clean bigger day to test it out. Never got the chance.

Reactions: jkb

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Nice footy and @ReForest red to boot.
Hey hey hey… the Red board curse only applies to Album. Leave the Vader out of this! lol.

Tomo is ripping the bag out in those clips! Albeit, he has a perfect wave to show case any board. After riding the board for about a week or so I have some feedback but still working out fins and waves types, etc. so I’ll spare the forum my vain game 2 cents until I’ve established somewhat of a more solid opinion. :shaka:

Reactions: j_mac and oeste858

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
A bit of Tomo/Vader footage for ya's.
looks fun, i like boards that feel like that, but also it honestly looks too slippy and like he would be better off on a regular short board there. Something he would be able to really put his foot into. But i have the same criticism of watching Slater on these little boards.

Reactions: Fishyhb and noise
May 10, 2018
looks fun, i like boards that feel like that, but also it honestly looks too slippy and like he would be better off on a regular short board there. Something he would be able to really put his foot into. But i have the same criticism of watching Slater on these little boards.
The recent videos of Tomo on the sci fi looks a lot better under his feet.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
if one wanted a DA Tomo to cover the low end of a quiver (say under a TKF), one would order an Evo over a Vader2, right?

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
A bit of Tomo/Vader footage for ya's.
Bort looked everything but fast to me. Maneuverable and nimble, yes. Was Daniel ripping, yes, but I didn’t pick up on instantaneous speed. The OG Vader was one of the very few borts I bought OTR and had really high hopes, but could not make the thing go. I rode it at really good Lowers and it felt like I had a spa bubble percolating under the tail and the corners off the nose kept catching with my admittedly too front foot focused technique on wrappy’s. I’d still like to give the 2.0 a go. I should have demo’d one at Camp Shred, but I was having too much fun on the 5’10” Panda Shiitake HP I took out.