Tomo MPH

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
maybe I'm late to the party but I thought tomos only went well as thusters
I say you are right @silentbutdeadly. I bet @jkb can attest that because of the parallel outline in Tomo's boards, a thruster setup works best. It provides more pivot that a quad, and parallel railed boards tend to be drivey down the line and do not naturally pivot up towards the lip.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Fondled some of the new Tomo Revos at HSS. Definitely felt very good and looked very good. Seemed user friendly as well.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
OMG!OMG!OMG!
Broforest, How hard are you frothin right now?
What’s the last Tomo you fell in love this hard for… hydroshort?
Wish I wasn’t so jaded. Yer stock is palpable!
:shaka:
Haha. Dude! I know you're yankin my chain, but I am definitely frothin.
I am a mere mortal so it's rad to see pro's getting down on a board that you're stoked on.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I'm excited about this board, but to show a video for a new design, where the surfer is just standing in a barrel the whole time, doesn't make any sense.
There is more footage coming. Its a brand new board and only a handful of people have ridden it. I agree that I would like to see more "turn" footage on it. Its such a unique design. It deserves some splayning (Ricky Ricardo voice).

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Tomo on sizing the Revo, fins to use, explaining the design and discussing iBolic.
Time stamped to start from how to size it properly.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Pretty weird interview actually. Shred Show guy is always awkward and cringey, but the content is weird too. At one point he's down-selling his Tomo fins (others work better), then he's stating that he put the board up for the market without doing the research and development on it (just went by feel).

Reactions: JTiago
Oct 5, 2021
So reforest youve had some decent time on the new revo now where does this one sit in the quiver. The videos all have it in great waves I would want to be on my SKX in, does this have a better low end or similar to your SKX. Is it a performance groveller, different take on a HPSB how would you define ideal wave heights and conditions for when you would go for this board, and when you would go hydroshort or SKX

Reactions: csarqui

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Pretty weird interview actually. Shred Show guy is always awkward and cringey, but the content is weird too. At one point he's down-selling his Tomo fins (others work better), then he's stating that he put the board up for the market without doing the research and development on it (just went by feel).
I seem to recall he was talking about the final stages of it. Made me think of how the old master shapers in their twilight years do it. They are tweaking and refining but not testing it themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReForest

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I seem to recall he was talking about the final stages of it. Made me think of how the old master shapers in their twilight years do it. They are tweaking and refining but not testing it themselves.
Yeah, but he was saying how the clips Firewire are putting out about the Revo are the first time he and the public are seeing the board in action.

Reactions: Retropete