Today is a great day in the fight against racism

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I blame him for not doing more in HS.

I thought conservatives were all about self-determination? It’s funny that AA has been against the law in CA school admissions for almost 30 years yet Duffman still thinks it’s a thing.
What was the basis for the original lawsuit that made its way up to the Supreme Court. What can you tell us about the case?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
What was the basis for the original lawsuit that made its way up to the Supreme Court. What can you tell us about the case?
The latest cases have nothing to do with California, which is what we’re talking about. SCOTUS just brought the US in line with what CA has been doing since 1996.

If this is a liberal issue you’d expect California not to be 3 decades ahead of the curve.

Reactions: afoaf

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
California graduating seniors are 54% Hispanic.

Thats the number that counts.

Cal Poly exists to serve California students.

https://amp.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/education/article255390956.html
The number that counts? So you’re cool with racial quotas and preferences?

About 1/4 of the students are from out of state.

Also, this entire line of thought is completely racist. Who fucking cares what percentage of what colors of skin go to a particular school?

I went to a Jr high that over 70% hispanic, high school 65%.

So what?

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot and afoaf

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The number that counts? So you’re cool with racial quotas and preferences?

About 1/4 of the students are from out of state.

Also, this entire line of thought is completely racist. Who fucking cares what percentage of what colors of skin go to a particular school?

I went to a Jr high that over 70% hispanic, high school 65%.

So what?
Nope. Just pointing out that the school you suggest still uses quotas has a white student population that’s significantly over represented.

I‘ve been quite clear I’m fine with the current system in CA and do not suggest my children’s outcomes are anything other than their own doing. You certainly Wont find a post on here from me suggesting other kids got In o er mine simply because we are white.

Reactions: afoaf

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
"Who fucking cares what percentage of what colors of skin go to a particular school?"

1. People who historically have gone to college at a low rate.
2. People who would like to be cared for by a doctor or nurse who share their ethnic heritage and understands their cultural concerns.
3. People who realize that financial advancement is often directly related to scholastic achievement.

Ethnic diversity is good for a school.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
If you’re embarrassed to say that’s ok. Take the fifth, nobody is forcing you to incriminate yourself.
It's very white. And most of those white kids get into very good schools. White kids definitely have an advantage.

kind of undercuts whatever gotcha you're teeing-up

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It's very white. And most of those white kids get into very good schools. White kids definitely have an advantage.

kind of undercuts whatever gotcha you're teeing-up
I wasn’t. Just curious. I have and have had close friends from the jerz from both sides of the tracks.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
"Who fucking cares what percentage of what colors of skin go to a particular school?"

2. People who would like to be cared for by a doctor or nurse who share their ethnic heritage and understands their cultural concerns.
3. People who realize that financial advancement is often directly related to scholastic achievement.

The easier answer was “Duffy.” He’s the reason for the conversation. He swears his kid was passed due to a secret policy that no longer exists at the whitest public college in California.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Why dodge the question?
What was the question? The recent case was filed by Asian students who were rejected because there were too many Asians already. I’ve already said it’s the right decision. Now all of America can operate the way the beautiful state of California has operated since 1996.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The easier answer was “Duffy.” He’s the reason for the conversation. He swears his kid was passed due to a secret policy that no longer exists at the whitest public college in California.
I’ve only stated the facts.

You can’t seem let it go.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Yeah, but god forbid if a white person asks for a white doctor