Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Will do. But also will probably order varial so not sure what that does to the communication process.
Doesn’t impact the process.

You order through Tim and he deals with Varial. Varial cuts the blank and Tim finishes. You can get the board glassed at Varial or Stamps, however you’d like.

Stamps glassed mine himself in PE. But other guys have used Varial’s glassing and @ChaseTMP got a custom carbon.

Reactions: Aruka and sdsrfr

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

You order through Tim and he deals with Varial. Varial cuts the blank and Tim finishes. You can get the board glassed at Varial or Stamps, however you’d like.

Stamps glassed mine himself in PE. But other guys have used Varial’s glassing and @ChaseTMP got a custom carbon.
How do you feel about the one Tim glassed?

I like the varial foam but they always mess my order up.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
make sure he cuts and shapes it

also, if u really want to get quiver dialed go see him in person. flights from sf are cheap
Yes. Order the varial from him directly

That's what I did and he did my favorite layup on any board I've had, let alone compared to my other varials. S-glass, etc

Aug 18, 2022
Havoc, so far whats been your favorite version of the WTFO? Always on the fence of getting a more classic style egg (spegg or over easy) for small waves but then always thinking of different shapes with some fun small wave performance with a more unique outline. Saw you posted a picture of a keel twin version I believe as well. I was thinking 6'10 - 7' for small days

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Havoc, so far whats been your favorite version of the WTFO? Always on the fence of getting a more classic style egg (spegg or over easy) for small waves but then always thinking of different shapes with some fun small wave performance with a more unique outline. Saw you posted a picture of a keel twin version I believe as well. I was thinking 6'10 - 7' for small days
u same duu who msg me on jamboars? ya get twin keel single bump glassons 6’11 or even 7’2-7’4 for domination in small wavez

Reactions: twofeet
Aug 18, 2022
u same duu who msg me on jamboars? ya get twin keel single bump glassons 6’11 or even 7’2-7’4 for domination in small wavez
Haha nah wasn't me on JB! Good to know this shape is getting a lot of love. Was also thinking single bump. You go Hobie keels for glass ons?

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Been riding my kai zen twin trailer (which has a wing swallow like a spark plug) for the better part of a year, sporadically. Tim sold me NVS nautilus twins + trailer.

When discussing with him, he asked whether I'd be riding it primarily as a twin or a twin + trailer. I said twin +trailer. He moved the front boxes up either 1/4 or 1/2 an inch.

Since my first couple sessions, I couldn't get the thing to click with me. I felt it lacked drive... Like the fins were too far forward. However, I trust Tim's shaping more than my surfing, so I kept trying to make it work, but every session was the same lackluster performance.

I finally decided to test my theory, and I ordered the NVS kraken convertibles. if I couldn't get it to totally click after that, I had to unload it... And feel ashamed of my lack of rail surfing.

It clicked. 1/4 in made a huge difference, felt lots more drive, and got a feel for the rails as well. Left the session with a big smile on my face. Glad those fins exist.