Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Both feel great under arm but the Banana Fish really does feel special. I think this design will be a winner. Tim is the man.

I prefer a flat pad but don’t hate the arch pads either. I picked the arch for the fish because it looked like it could go further back toward the tail.

Last edited:

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
My 5’8 Flare in Varial has the best low end of my similar sized borts: Stamps Fuse, Stamps Kai-Zen Twin, CI NB2 and a Haydenshapes Psychedelic Germ.
I’m glad you’re stoked and every feelz is personal, but is this consensus that the Flare has a better low end than the Fuse? Not exactly the vibe I got from Tim on outline or rocker.

Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
curious what fins Tim recommends for the banana fish?
He didn’t recommend anything specifically and I asked. Tim doesn’t like to make fin recommendations. I plan to run AM medium quads. If those feel small or too loose, I’ll use EAs. If they feel stiff, I’ll use the Timmy Patterson quad from True Ames.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I’m glad you’re stoked and every feelz is personal, but is this consensus that the Flare has a better low end than the Fuse? Not exactly the vibe I got from Tim on outline or rocker.
My Fuse's rails are more tapered than my Flare, so even though they're similar volume, that may be the reason my Flare grovels better for me.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
When did you place your order JDJ? Stamps told me 6 weeks wait time when I placed an order recently. Hoping his estimate was on-point. Boards look sick btw :jamon:

Reactions: Aruka and JDJ

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
My Fuse's rails are more tapered than my Flare, so even though they're similar volume, that may be the reason my Flare grovels better for me.
Yeah since we're talking about customs there are so many variables.

My flare actually seems more refined than either of the GX's I had which you wouldn't expect but it probably resulted in tweaks we came up with over several board orders.

OsideBum

OTF status
Mar 15, 2022
Yes. It’s about 6 weeks. I was traveling and couldn’t pick up right away. This is a good time to order. He’s not backed up.
That’s good to hear! I’m right at the 6 week mark since I placed my order. Hopefully I hear something soon.

Reactions: JDJ

OsideBum

OTF status
Mar 15, 2022
Not sure if this is the right place for this question but since it’s about a Stamps board I will ask.

I have a 6’1x 20 ish x 2.63 Rerun. It comes in at 35L. I’m 5’9 and 175 pounds. I know the board is oversized by most standards but I prefer a little extra to make up for age and injuries. I am currently running a set of medium Future Mayhem fins in it. I’ve also tried some air cores with a legacy pivot template. The board seems to bog down with the Mayhem set up and is a little better with the pivots. it really needs a couple pumps to get going. In contrast I have two other boards, RNF96 and Fishbeard that come in at the same volume. RNF 96 is 5’10 and Fishbeard is 6’0, both have instant acceleration. I get it, that they are twins and Rerun is not.

Im looking for some fin recommendations for the rerun. Something that will provide a little extra and maybe help get the board into 5th gear.

I was considering the T.Pattersons or Andos.

also, has anyone noticed that futures size recommendations are not the same on the packaging and website?

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
Not sure if this is the right place for this question but since it’s about a Stamps board I will ask.

I have a 6’1x 20 ish x 2.63 Rerun. It comes in at 35L. I’m 5’9 and 175 pounds. I know the board is oversized by most standards but I prefer a little extra to make up for age and injuries. I am currently running a set of medium Future Mayhem fins in it. I’ve also tried some air cores with a legacy pivot template. The board seems to bog down with the Mayhem set up and is a little better with the pivots. it really needs a couple pumps to get going. In contrast I have two other boards, RNF96 and Fishbeard that come in at the same volume. RNF 96 is 5’10 and Fishbeard is 6’0, both have instant acceleration. I get it, that they are twins and Rerun is not.

Im looking for some fin recommendations for the rerun. Something that will provide a little extra and maybe help get the board into 5th gear.

also, has anyone noticed that futures size recommendations are not the same on the packaging and website?
Not apples to apples, but I have a habanero with a rerun deck profile. I really like the true Ames merrick smalls (they’re bigger than the futures medium and have more cant than the futures) in more predictable lined up surf. In more hap hazard beach break, I like the sharp eyes

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
The normal Mayhem template is upright and so are the pivots. You should try a fin with more rake.

I would try R6s and AMs. I’m running Mayhem Vapor Core in my Rerun. So far, so good. Maybe try those. They have more rake than the normal template.

Last edited:
Reactions: OsideBum

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017

I’m a similar weight, i have a 6’3” rerun

TP1 (pattersons) go great in it, heartily recommend

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
That’s good to hear! I’m right at the 6 week mark since I placed my order. Hopefully I hear something soon.
Any update on your order Oside? I think we ordered at about the same time and I haven't heard anything. Two week delay isn't a big deal and I don't want to hassle Stamps about it....but I'm jonesing for the new craft :roflmao: