Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Wet n sandy Banjo fish still hanging in there after about 3 years. Had a few sessions on it last swell and man, every time I ride this thing I have a great time. Im a bit heavier than I was when I ordered this thing. It feels small under arm, it doesnt paddle great but it catches waves well and absolutely flies as soon as it reaches plane. The rails are so knifey and it holds an edge so well. Feels like once i set the rail I can just push as hard as I want and it just carries or even gains speed through a carve. Its got good pivot too but feels like more of a carver than a loosey goosey type ride. Such a fun boar, one of my all time favs for sure. The purple Alkali fins feel perfect. I keep thinking I should get one in bigger dims but maybe part of the magic is the size? It cant be more than 30-31L. EPS 4/4×4/4oz.
20210709_113933.jpg20210709_113946.jpg

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
What're the full dims? I'm lovin' my more foiled banjo, exactly what you said, it's stupid fast, skatey but in control, I can push it through turns. It's my go to from waist to a little overhead in non-heaving waves.

Reactions: Aruka

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Wet n sandy Banjo fish still hanging in there after about 3 years. Had a few sessions on it last swell and man, every time I ride this thing I have a great time. Im a bit heavier than I was when I ordered this thing. It feels small under arm, it doesnt paddle great but it catches waves well and absolutely flies as soon as it reaches plane. The rails are so knifey and it holds an edge so well. Feels like once i set the rail I can just push as hard as I want and it just carries or even gains speed through a carve. Its got good pivot too but feels like more of a carver than a loosey goosey type ride. Such a fun boar, one of my all time favs for sure. The purple Alkali fins feel perfect. I keep thinking I should get one in bigger dims but maybe part of the magic is the size? It cant be more than 30-31L. EPS 4/4×4/4oz.
View attachment 112774View attachment 112775
my banjo doesnt paddle well either when heading out, fighting current etc.. but it catches waves with ease. so weird.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Also I would also throw the Can Opener into the catches-the-same-as-the-TKF category. Very similar entry rocker.

@sublime74’s twinzer Can Opener is the best Stamps fish that I’ve ridden, with the possible exception of my TKF

Reactions: Aruka and Havoc

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Yeah, not a huge fan of wide tails so I asked tim to step it down...still plenty wide
This one is 5-10 x 22
Sold it a while back to get the fusebox.
I like the flare/fuse tail block width better

Reactions: Havoc