Three weeks & Four Boards: How much wax would you bring?

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
I'm an over packer [don't get dirty], better to have more than less on a surf trip in my mind.
Got a trip coming up will be water bound for about 20 days, bringing four boards.
-how much wax would you bring?

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Love the investigatory questioning!:shaka:

1. Temp?
2. Status of waxjobs on arrival?
3. Likelihood of breaking/repairing/re-waxing/riding boards?
4. Bogart level of shipmates?
5. Number of spare leash strings?
1. Tropical ~ 80 degree water, air 85
2. All boards will be clean.
3. Going to Mentawai so assuming high on all fronts, except perhaps repair.
4. All skilled fellow Spicoli's.
5. :LOL: I seriously will be a traveling surf shop.

:cheers:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
1. Tropical ~ 80 degree water, air 85
2. All boards will be clean.
3. Going to Mentawai so assuming high on all fronts, except perhaps repair.
4. All skilled fellow Spicoli's.
5. :LOL: I seriously will be a traveling surf shop.

:cheers:
If I was taking four unwaxed shortboards that's two bars of base, two bars of tropical, two bars of Punt/Tour/Fu/Munkey, minimum. YMMV. Sounds epic! Stay uncut by the reef/fins and unburnt by the sun/Brazzos.

Reactions: JeffRSpicoli

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
If I was taking four unwaxed shortboards that's two bars of base, two bars of tropical, two bars of Punt/Tour/Fu/Munkey, minimum. YMMV. Sounds epic! Stay uncut by the reef/fins and unburnt by the sun/Brazzos.
Wait Brazzos!!! Running joke in our crew "Guy came over and paddled up to me, I thought he was a Brazilian, but then he smiled at me."

Right now 16 cakes of wax, crazy amount of sunblock, three pairs of reef booties, a helmet, cause why not, which I have R&D locally and actually not bad at all, zero bucket head.

Based on airline weight limit, maybe I will be able to pack one pair of boardshorts.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
base is tropixal, he needs 3 bars total 1.5bars to wax the boards first time another .5 for maintnace wax 1 bar to have as extra

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
base is tropixal, he needs 3 bars total 1.5bars to wax the boards first time another .5 for maintnace wax 1 bar to have as extra
I mostly use Sticky Bumps. Base is not tropical. IMHO half a bar of base to get a base down per board. Probably doesn't need another half bar of tropical on the top but our boy is going for 20 days.

A lil' twen twen tweeeeeeen, clamdiggaaaaaaaaaa

Reactions: Aruka