This is horrible!

Jun 21, 2002
Misawa, Japan
I was supposed to go to bali in 3 weeks. It's all been cancelled now. I've never been and was really excited. god, I feel so bad for the people there. I escaped sept 11 by a hair and now this is pretty close. thanks mrs angel who is looking over me! <P>I think you are right - the ozzies just may be in now. A big F*** this! I'm so sick of bringing up CNN everyday and reading about this crap. This world is going to **** and it's cause of the f'ing muslims! F being PC, F being non- racist - Screw the mother f'ing muslims. they can all go to hell and put each others flames out with their goddam turbons. <P>Radicals in general, especially those that take lives, are just incredibly ignorant. I realize not all muslims are bad, but christ, read the news and see who the world of terror revolves around.<BR>

C+student

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 5, 2002
Taku,<BR> Understandable first response to a horrendous undertaking. Dont let it turn you into a hater, though. <BR> Lots of them think the same of Americans. Guess who has taken more lives: Muslim terrorists or American military?<BR> Guess what their newspapers say.

Jun 21, 2002
Misawa, Japan
funny thing is, I don't like a lot of americans either. I especially hate the american foreign policy. But...paint it as you will, we do not go out unprovoked and kill people. There at least is an agenda (however warped it might be). This thing in Bali was an act of a bunch of fugging pussies. Muslim pussies. They've been doing it for years now. To say I have blind hate against them is true. To say I will not judge them when I meet them until they display civility is also true. Yep, f'd up, but how PC can we be? Read the news and see what they are doing. <P>Oh, I also don't like Christians. Same thing, just without the violence. At least these days.<P>**disclaimer - most of this is tongue in cheek. don't be offended (unless you want to be). Just sick of PC idiots in this world. Tell it like it is or shut the f up.**

Jun 21, 2002
Misawa, Japan
I keep getting off on tangents here.<P>Who's taken more lives? The **** regime or the muslims? What's your point?<P>The world hates the americans because they are jealous. What other reason would there be? Why do they hate us? We are more powerful, we have more money and we use that to enact policies that benefit out country and not theirs. turn the tables and give the power to say, France. you think those bastards would do as much good throughout the world as we do? Maybe, but it can't be proven. I'm tired of everyone bagging on the US. Bush is an idiot, but we have one helluva good country for the common folk. I love it and always will. I will spout off against our policies, call our president an idiot, etc...but thank God I'm an american or I'd have my fingers cut off for expressing my opinion. It's obvious that England is just our little brother now. Oz and Canada, well, non-factors. Great places, but they have no hand in the world that be. they can just sit back and bitch and moan without taking any responsibility. <P>Okay, done for now. Hope that made some sense

i,surfjac

Nep status
I'm going to go off and offend somebody and I apologize for that. There are a lot of muslims who violate the basic tenets of their religion and hate us. They hate us for what we've done to them (like giving their countries billions for the oil, I wonder what's been done with all that money?), for what we might do to them, for just being americans wearing blue jeans listening to Madonna, for being Christians, Jews, Atheists, Muslims, for living in a free and tolerant society, for buying their oil. Their leaders have whipped up their religious fervor and issued fatwa's and ordered jihads. (I've been told that Mohammed was an entrepreneur who sold indulgences sort of like what the Popes did in the Dark Ages.) They do not understand global concepts or tolerance; they hate us! Most of you out there would never wish ill for these people under normal circumstances nor would many of us be unwilling to help these people in time of need, e.g., sickness or natural disaster, and if they were unwilling to accept help, so be it! We're are a country devoted to religious tolerance among other concepts of freedom and liberty. <P>I couldn't continue the rant any longer. They hate us but should be thankful that we do not buy into the "jihad" deal and make this a religious thing. It would be a horror to bomb mosques but by issuing the jihad, that is what they want us to do, isn't it? A religious war? And then, turn it around on us by saying "How cruel we are to be blowing up the faithful", who are being thrust in front of us by these bastards. We're looking for some governing body to be held accountable for terrorism and there isn't one. They can say whatever they want; they do not have to be accountable. They can run and hide following every attack. Cowards!<P>I mourn for the victims of the Bali attack and weep for their families! All of them!<BR>I have compassion; I'm a human being!

Jun 21, 2002
Misawa, Japan
GREAT post! You express yourself far better than I. I am right there with you. I think it is the accountability thing that probably bugs me the most. Could you imagine if a US terroist group bombed a mosque? Oh my God - world war three. But for them, in the name of jihad, it is okay. Again not to offend anyone, but f it, f*%@ the muslims, F*&^ religion in itself. F*$% it right up the arse! <P>I get so pissed thinking about it. I like the poster magurkurin, but he is misguided. I don't understand why people are so against the US. Okay, I do understand, but ****, look what has prompted us! Let's see - we are a christian society, we don't like roman catholics - let's go bomb them! hit the night clubs where they hang out! yeah, that's the ticket! You just don't see this kind of crap in the US. This sniper guy is an anomoly. out of 280 million people, two or three are bound to be f'd up. But going kamikaze and blowing busses and bars up??? Thank God I'm an american. God being a symbol of our freedom. Who is that guy anyway?

Aug 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
hmmm, good question nep, i'll make an attempt.<P>i think it starts out as desparation from what would otherwise be "good people," if the victims political party would just leave them alone. but then over time, hate certainly develops, even as quickly as a single generation. perfect example: Pro-life abortion activists.<P>as far as the other columns on this post. the frustration is understandable. but you guys have been eating WAY too much CNN and NYTimes for breakfast. check out Zmag.org, i'm quite certain you'll see your frustration turn to disgust. then again, how old you are will no doubt have an effect on your ability to absorb it... and accept it.

sure*irie

Nep status
Feb 15, 2002
leucadia, ca, usa
Visit site
"indonesian people are currently bringing food, blankets, anything to help the people in need right now" fox news<BR>don't swear off the indonesian people as a whole for the acts of a few. i know you are bummed cause your trip has been cancelled but...<p>[This message has been edited by sure*irie (edited 10-13-2002).]

Kaido

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 22, 2002
Hawaii
Znet.org... BWAHAHAAA!!! <BR>More of a propaganda machine than anything the mainstream news gives you. You have got to be kidding. Geez

Mar 5, 2002
Might be the best time to perfect Padang Padang.<P>If your a real hellman I'd book a ticket with Waterways Travel Today.

Aug 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kincaid:<BR><B>Znet.org... BWAHAHAAA!!! <BR>More of a propaganda machine than anything the mainstream news gives you. You have got to be kidding. Geez</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>wow...<P>

Kaido

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 22, 2002
Hawaii
Hey there Chumplestilskin. You must be refering to all the sheep being led being misguided by the one and only Chumpsky. Any website who features mainly Chomsky's views of the world can only be considered a propaganda machine. BAAAA BAAAA...

C+student

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 5, 2002
I'm going to follow up on Neptune's comment because I think that is the crux of the issue.<BR> Violence, wars, etc will all happen. The result of one group or another attempting, through a type of coercion, to attain a goal.<BR> We can always identify one cause as "right" and another as "wrong", but that is usually a personal bias. (let's face it more Americans will identify with the US position and more Muslims with the Muslim cause).<BR> The US position plans a strategy and drops bombs, plans insurgencies, etc. Their (Muslim in this case) position plans a strategy (less well known, no doubt) and carries out a bombing or shooting spree.<BR> The point is: we both go about killing people in whatver way possible for our cause. Those groups dont HAVE a military, so they use a terrorist tactic. We DO have a military so we utilize that avenue. A fact to consider here is that frequently a group DOES claim responsibility and DOES have a claimed cause for that terrorist action (that is the definition of a terrorist act).<BR> Do I think that killing innocents is okay in a terrorist strike? No. Do I think it is evil? Not any more than any other form of killing innocent people. Some are more justifiable than others, but that line is not drawn up along religious/national/ethnic borders, each act carries its own level of crime/cause regardless of who carries it out.

sure*irie

Nep status
Feb 15, 2002
leucadia, ca, usa
Visit site
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by goofyfoot:<BR><B>s*i, I hope you didn't have anyone close to you that was hurt!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>from what my moms said, none of our family or close family friends are in bali at the moment. thank you for your concern.
it's wierd in a way because even though this is half way around the world, it hits closer to home than the world trade center disaster, for me anyways. that's not to say that i wasn't appalled and sickened to my stomach by it, it's just that as an american, as a indonesian, and a surfer, it seems that this tragedy strikes the very root of everything i identify myself with. <p>[This message has been edited by sure*irie (edited 10-13-2002).]

Aug 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kincaid:<BR><B>Hey there Chumplestilskin. You must be refering to all the sheep being led being misguided by the one and only Chumpsky. Any website who features mainly Chomsky's views of the world can only be considered a propaganda machine. BAAAA BAAAA...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>kincaid,<P>keep playing the reverse on the reverse. you'll just end up getting dizzy, and then you fall over.<P>

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Hey bummer Jim, nice find! Sucked me in there for a second , thinking, we’re blaming this on the Muslims now?
Then I saw sure*ire, and sadly figured right that sure*irie had not returned

Oh, and hey bummer Jim, what’s up man?