The takeback of Hawaiian lands?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
There are three or four white dudes originally from the mainland here on the erBB that are ready to take up the cause!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
"One thing we all know about the haole mindset that brought this all on, it is a lot of big talk on the Coast and now here online, but, in the Islands NO ONE says a thing to Polynesians- not singularly out of fear but because it would be a joke, like little men who talk big here, a total joke ... what exactly do you mean to say? Imply that Hawaiians actually did not have their land stolen right out from under them in the Mahele???

I put the first new road into Peahi back in the 80s, used an old D4 and you know what? As we opened up the land we found, no surprise, all sorts of pre existing Hawaiian roads and trails. The area is called Hamakualoa and it was lost to the Hawaiians during WWII when it was appropriated for live ammo training. I found a lot of old bullet casings. Part of the work was surveying and that in rural Hawaii involves research. As I researched the microfilm in Honolulu I found the parcel I had acquired was a ROYAL PATENT land grant ... it had belonged to a princess who lived there next to the falls. I found out my friend Henry Paoa's wife was born there in a cave still in use today by the new residents.

I saw Jaws before most of you were born, but, NEVER even thought about going out even for a second, not even once ... used to sit on the cliff and drink Steinlager after an all day session at Honomanu and just feel the Earth --- that's what the Hawaiians are going to do, again, now, and NOBODY can stop them nor should anyone even if they could ...

IMUA"

-
Joe Deal

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
if theyd never had outsiders on their islands, what would they be like now?

Reactions: tenover

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
if theyd never had outsiders on their islands, what would they be like now?
Like no place on Earth. Just about 100% of the planet has been visited by and/or controlled by "outsiders" at some point in history.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Like no place on Earth. Just about 100% of the planet has been visited by and/or controlled by "outsiders" at some point in history.
Unfortunately yes. Colonialism sucks. If it weren’t the US, it would’ve been Japan, China, or some other world power. Which is NOT an excuse for what Hawaiians have experienced, so let me be very clear about that. The geographic aspects that make Hawaii so amazing are also it’s biggest enemy.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
If not US, perhaps Japanese or Chinese.

beat me to it. yeah way too important strategically to go uncolonized by some big power. Pax Americana ftw

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I've seen these bumper stickers in California:
1592098792335.png

Seems pretty militant except that no one uses that type of an upper anymore. An enterprising insurgent warlord would get letters of marque and hold Zuckerberg for ransom (not that I'm suggesting them).

I wish the Hawai'ians the best on their way to becoming CHAZ, but better. Also, they will need a navy.
If not US, perhaps Japanese or Chinese.

beat me to it. yeah way too important strategically to go uncolonized by some big power. Pax Americana ftw
The elites admit the Pax Americana is over. It has been for awhile. My sons are certainly not going to defend it.

Sorry to be Karen (see my avatar), but this seems like a good one for the politics forum.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
The Kingdom of Tonga was never colonised. Tongan people are proudly independent to this day. It is impossible for non-citizens to own land in the Kingdom as all land formally belongs to the King. Unfortunately, this type of royalty, patronage, connections and corruption political system offers extremely limited options for the population. Upward financial and social mobility is virtually impossible in Tonga, thus more Tongans live in New Zealand, Australia and Hawaii than in Tonga itself.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The Kingdom of Tonga was never colonised. Tongan people are proudly independent to this day. It is impossible for non-citizens to own land in the Kingdom as all land formally belongs to the King. Unfortunately, this type of royalty, patronage, connections and corruption political system offers extremely limited options for the population. Upward financial and social mobility is virtually impossible in Tonga, thus more Tongans live in New Zealand, Australia and Hawaii than in Tonga itself.
IIRC Tonga is the only sovereign country in the Pacific to never be colonized. Most likely a function of geography over anything else. Virtually every rock in the Pacific has or has had a flag planted on it.

The Cook Islands are the same way in regards to emigration and have a 2-3% negative population growth rate. It's hard to eek out a living on a tropical island where the only industry is tourism. Hawaii at least has some land to work with. Very few locals in their 20s-40s there, with most of the service jobs are filled by Fijians or Filipinos.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Umm yeah?? Wtf are you rambling on about?
Same shít as last time.

Haole means without breath, or without a soul. We had this talk a couple of months back, when a poster said fücking haoles were ruining Hawaii. I said that's pure racism.

And a bunch of Hawaiians jumped in, with lots of denial, and excuses .

Enter George Floyd, and the current state of affairs. Cops kill a guy, because of his race. World erupts in flames. Racist cops justify their acts because blacks are 3/5 human. The world wakes up, and all chant together that racism is bad.

Hawaiians who call whites "Haole", have the same mindset, but just to a lesser degree. Hawaiians think because whites have no soul/ breath, that whites are lesser than them.

Racism is a weed. It starts small, and "harmless" Nobody meant anything by it. Then a second repeats it, and a second weed is planted. Until you have a field of weeds. Or in the current situation, riots.

That Minneapolis cop wasn't born destined to murder. But a little weed was planted in his soul.

Don't plant weeds.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
The no breath / no soul thing is because caucasians didn't great each other by touching foreheads and inhaling together (how Hawaiians greeted each other), so Hawaiians said they didn't share breath not that they didn't have breath.

Haole isn't the big insult you think it is. I call my haole friend, "My haole friend" when describing them to other haole friends. My dad is haole and my Hawaiian family says, "your haole dad." It's really not a big deal.

Last edited:

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my neighbor Bob got nailed here, don't know why

Also in 2001, the Permanent Court of Arbitration’s arbitral tribunal already ruled the overthrow illegal. The international law term for the current state of affairs is “belligerent occupation.” It is triggered by an act of war and the seizing of the power and effective control of the occupied territory from its government.
President Cleveland before he was assassinated in response to pleas from Queen Liliuokalani was about to reverse the annexation.But his VP was too weak politically to follow thorugh.

In the end all we got was an apology from Clinton. "Oops Sorry". Other than a bombed out Kahoolawe, that's probably all we'll get other than what's contractually due and not paid financially from Hawaiian home homeland leases occupied by the state and military. Kind of like leases on Maunakea that need "re-adjusting" from $1

The Russian Georg Anton Schaffer got Kauai as a protectorate in 1815 and built a couple forts and in 1843 the Brits annexed Hawaii for five months well before the sugar plantation owners cashed in. But after pleading from ambassadors and royalty, they returned the kingdom to its rightful rulers.

So you could say the Russians were here first.
And also in the long run, would we have been better off as another Pacific British colony versus being later annexed by the US for sugar??

None of that matters today.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Aruka and afoaf

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
The no breath / no soul thing is because caucasians didn't great each other by touching foreheads and inhaling together (how Hawaiians greeted each other), so Hawaiians said they didn't share breath not that they didn't have breath.

Haole isn't the big insult you think it is. I call my haole friend, "My haole friend" when describing them to other haole friends. My dad is haole and my Hawaiian family says, "your haole dad." It's really not a big deal.
Little weeds.

Your Haole friend. Is that like my n****r friend?

Little weeds.

I'm a white guy telling you it's offensive. Blacks can call eachother n****r, but a white guy can't. Sure there's lots of crackers that say, "I didn't mean nothing by that, we just Ca them n*****s around here."

Little weeds.

There's a little 4 year old listening to you say Haole. The one that really pissed me off was fücking Haole. What's that little kid learning.

30 years from now, he'll probably give "slaps " to some white guy, who has no idea why.

Little weeds.

Cops shot another guy last night. More riots going on right now. A Wendy's got burned to the ground. Franchise owner just lost his life's savings. Where did the cop and the arsonist learn to do things,like that?

Little weeds