The Social Distancing Thread

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Cracking up right now looking at Subways home computer setup. I am looking at the exact same setup. Home laptop driving my normal main desktop monitor so I can use two screens. Our new working world.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
I had to tell woman in her 20's and her bf to back the fook up when they were 1' from my back, while lining up for register at grocery store. Her bf looked pissed, but he did not state a word to me. She looked confused.
Good for you. Fookin HATE when people do that in normal times. And no offense, but the asians seem to be the worst, always right up on you. I generally act like I'm stretching and throw some elbows. I've even looked right at a lady and pushed he carts backwards into her because she kept crowding me as I was trying to pay.

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
I went to my local Albertsons Wednesday for the opening. I was about 5 min. early, and saw a couple employees go through the worker door, then the next guy goes to the door, stops, coughs loudly into his right hand, then is let in. I quickly shop, and am the first sale at the register, the only one open. Yeah as you probably guess, the cough guy is manning the register. I ask what they do about sterilizing the communal change dispenser tray, He seems unconcerned WTF. I get home, sterilize everything, and regretfully call the manager. I say don't single him out, but they should give a review to all their employees about all the basics, could prevent some misery.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Me too, and you know sooner or later someone's gonna leave the bong out.
I was thinking of doing this for my on line happy hour with the coworkers and boss
Then I remembered I don’t have a bong, and my son isn’t home, so I can’t ask to borrow his
Not something I want to text to him while he’s at work
cowabunga
rg

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I went for a 10 mile run yesterday on the Strand (Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan Beach). It was not really crowded, but as you passed people going the other way you would often be within the 6 foot distance. I was not concerned as it was really breezy and you are in their proximity for just a second. But just to be sure, I'd inhale before I got to them and exhale as they went by.

Then I got behind a girl running in the same direction, about my pace, maybe a tiny bit slower (nice view by the way:p). I could see she was cautious by the way she swerved wide of anyone. I got tired of being in her slipstream ( I imagined the viruses streaming back like smoke from a locomotive) and decided to pass. As I came up on her, she must have heard my steps because she picked up her pace a bit. So I went up a gear. And so did she. I finally had to go into full Kenyan mode to pass her. The whole thing made me laugh...

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
I went for a 10 mile run yesterday on the Strand (Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan Beach). It was not really crowded, but as you passed people going the other way you would often be within the 6 foot distance. I was not concerned as it was really breezy and you are in their proximity for just a second. But just to be sure, I'd inhale before I got to them and exhale as they went by.

Then I got behind a girl running in the same direction, about my pace, maybe a tiny bit slower (nice view by the way:p). I could see she was cautious by the way she swerved wide of anyone. I got tired of being in her slipstream ( I imagined the viruses streaming back like smoke from a locomotive) and decided to pass. As I came up on her, she must have heard my steps because she picked up her pace a bit. So I went up a gear. And so did she. I finally had to go into full Kenyan mode to pass her. The whole thing made me laugh...
No more running on the Strand in Redondo as of this morning. They have everything closed off including the sidewalk on the Esplanade.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
No more running on the Strand in Redondo as of this morning. They have everything closed off including the sidewalk on the Esplanade.
I'd heard that was coming so I took the opportunity to get in one last run. I'd heard Hermosa was closing the Strand on Saturday. Lots of helicopter activity in my hood the past few days...

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i touched a walk signal button and didnt wash my hands